PDA

View Full Version : Accutrigger Question

bower4311
02-13-2013, 03:02 PM
First off, if I were to buy a replacement spring, a target one, for my hunter accutrigger will it help avoid slam fires at lower poundages. Say the hunter is capable of 3lb stock, and I set it down to that, will there be a slam release issue more than if I had the lighter spring? Or does the lighter spring just allow it to go lower. I have a gun dealer who would be able to get me the lighter spring.

Has anyone here ever ordered a target sear from Savage and installed it on a regular accutrigger? Or will that not work? If so how much would I be looking at? I have a dealer who would get everything for me.

Thank you

pitsnipe
02-13-2013, 03:23 PM
bower4311,

I have an Accutrigger and to stop the sear from tripping and add a MINISCULE amount of "weight" to the trigger I adjusted the setting IN @ 1/2 a turn. Problem solved. Is that what you wish to do? Stop the sear trips? Or just get an even lighter trigger pull.....Or both? Because as I understand it you cant turn a non target Accutrigger into a target Accutrigger with just the spring. At any rate hope it turns out safe.

bower4311
02-13-2013, 03:26 PM
I want to lighten my accutrigger WITHOUT worrying about tripping the sear. I was asking if adding the target spring to the accutrigger and then lightening it would reduce the chances of the sear tripping. Or if it makes no difference and the only advantage is an overall lighter trigger pull. The target accutrigger has a different sear. I'm also wondering if I buy that sear and have it installed would it work properly like a target style.