PDA

View Full Version : savage 111 bolt and safety stuck after a dry fire

gargra03
01-14-2010, 12:12 AM
Hello,
I recently aquired a savage 111in the 25-06 caliber, a friend of mine dry fired her and now the bolt will not bug nor will the safety move at all. Any help ?

rabbit20
01-14-2010, 01:43 AM
sounds like the firing pin may be stuck...im not a gun smith but you could try removing the hex screw from the bolt to remove any spring tension on the firing pin. Anyone else have an idea what he can do? I never had the bolt or safety get stuck

sharpshooter
01-14-2010, 01:56 AM
If the rifle is indeed "fired" and the safety won't budge, check to see if the safety is off. It is possible that the safety was slightly out of adjustment when it was dry fired. It could actually fire in the safe position, but the bolt will be locked by the safety.
Remedy: remove the trigger group and then the bolt. Re-assemble and adjust the safety to proper function.

gargra03
01-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the help. the safety is pushed all the way fordward and it will not move at all, the bolt will not budge and the trigger seems stuck in the pull position as well. I will try taking the trigger assembly apart tonight and see if anything needs to be adjusted.