PDA

View Full Version : PT&G bolt body

Pages : 1 [2]

stinkitup
05-05-2013, 09:42 PM
I see they do a Nat Lambeth inspired complete bolt. I take it this can be spec'd to the right bolt body diameter? Would this be a direct swap with no headspace change? Would be nice to run this on my target rifle and use the old lrpv bolt in my stevens so I can run a 308 bolt face in it and can just swap bolts then.

Anyone use there BDM bottom metal kit they have? Take it this could be put on a stevens?

Ryan

stangfish
05-05-2013, 11:15 PM
Anytime you have a bolthead that is not very close to anotherbolt head being used with the same barrel in the same action the headspace needs to be checked. You could get lucky or you could have both inspected and matched to near exact critical dimensions and the swap would be seamless. That dimension is the distance between the bolt face and the lugs contacting face.

stinkitup
05-08-2013, 09:37 PM
Thanks Stangfish

I figured more than likely there would be a little difference at least. I already have my savage target 6.5x55AI barreled etc no nut but working on another build and might just get a whole bolt with 308 bolt face before sending to the smith. Might just go a bolt head though as they seem easy enough to swap over.

Ryan

jsthntn247
05-10-2013, 10:22 AM
How do you measure to see which bolt body you need?

mudpig
05-10-2013, 10:38 AM
The proper way to measure would be to use gauge pins. slide them in and see which one fits the hole. I simply used a tapered permanent marker. slid it in the back of the receiver until it made contact. marked that location. removed the marker and measured the diameter of the marker where I made the mark. bolt body should be .002 smaller than receiver opening.
Hope that helps