PDA

View Full Version : Choate sniper prior to CDI queston....

jt41time
02-08-2013, 10:46 PM
I have a 11 .223 DBM. I am going to get the sniper stock from choate. I plan on getting it inletted for a CDI bottom. In the meanwhile, what are my options for using this stock with my DBM prior to in letting and buying the CDI? Can I cheaply make it a blind mag? It might be a while before I can get the funds together for the bottom and the inletting......

druid w/stick
02-09-2013, 12:40 PM
jt, around 30 dollars from midway for the two parts(+/-). I have this stock with the CDI bottom metal for a 12fv 22-250, 26" varmint barrel. I really like it. Great for prone or bench. This is a "heavy" stock! If you're wanting a hunting style and not going to change from a sporter weight barrel, you may want to reconsider. CDI can inlet just about any style you want, they've done four for me.
Greg

CharlieNC
02-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Thought I read a post by CDI that the Choate Sniper does not work too well for DBM conversion. You may want to check with them before going up that path. You can get the Choate Tactial stock with DBM inleting already.

druid w/stick
02-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Thought I read a post by CDI that the Choate Sniper does not work too well for DBM conversion. You may want to check with them before going up that path. You can get the Choate Tactial stock with DBM inleting already.
The trigger guard is left intact on the stock. The trigger gaurd on the bottom metal is removed behind the rear action screw. Everything fits and works fine. Looks a little different, but so does the stock. Also is recessed somewhat. One of those love or hate things. The stock shown on their site for savage is mine.
Greg

jt41time
02-09-2013, 09:37 PM
The trigger guard is left intact on the stock. The trigger gaurd on the bottom metal is removed behind the rear action screw. Everything fits and works fine. Looks a little different, but so does the stock. Also is recessed somewhat. One of those love or hate things. The stock shown on their site for savage is mine.
Greg

Do you have any detailed pics of that setup. I can not find a single pic of the sniper with the cdi.

jt, around 30 dollars from midway for the two parts(+/-).

Would you happen to have the links for these parts?