PDA

View Full Version : Help the new guy

A7xschecter6661
02-07-2013, 10:23 PM
Hey guys I bought my first real gun yesterday. Stepped it up from 22s, .410s and 12 gauges to a 30-06.

Here is a picture: It is a Savage 111 30-06.
http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z449/a7xschecter6661/Guns/photo_14_zps2e9408d5.jpg

I was wondering what exactly is available for an aftermarket stock. I like the more tactical synthetic sniper style ones.

I scrolled through the picture thread and saw a couple awesome intervention style/Ar15 looking stocks people bought (unless they were other savage models) and I would love to turn mine into something like that! I see the savage Ba, Bas and Bas-k are along the lines of what I think looks nice.

I am also interested in silencers and muzzle breaks, simply for looks! I already know the gun performs well, I just want some eye candy! Some of the modded guns on here look awesome.

Any help or direction to whats available/still in production would be very helpful!

bootsmcguire
02-08-2013, 12:51 AM
Based on your picture you have a Savage Long action with the old style staggered feed DBM setup. Stocks for these utilizing the DBM are not too common, good news is you can easily convert to a blind mag setup by just getting a blind mag and follower (from Midway or Brownells for example). After converting, any stock for the Long Action Stagger-feed will work. There are also a couple of companies who make nicer aftermarket DBM's for that action if you want some bling factor or require DBM.

A7xschecter6661
02-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Based on your picture you have a Savage Long action with the old style staggered feed DBM setup. Stocks for these utilizing the DBM are not too common, good news is you can easily convert to a blind mag setup by just getting a blind mag and follower (from Midway or Brownells for example). After converting, any stock for the Long Action Stagger-feed will work. There are also a couple of companies who make nicer aftermarket DBM's for that action if you want some bling factor or require DBM.

thanks for the response! I was thinking of toying with it but I am not sure. It makes more sense to put the money into the bullets to get good with! But everyone likes a nice looking gun to. As it sits it is kind of boring, but its not too bad.

bower4311
02-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Are you going to be reloading?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

A7xschecter6661
02-09-2013, 01:04 AM
A friend and I are looking into it since we both have the same gun and caliber.
Problem is when people can't find the ammo they buy all the reloading stuff!

Even reloading equipment is sky rocketing. I would love to have some input on where to get stuff too!

jbjh
02-12-2013, 07:38 PM
A friend and I are looking into it since we both have the same gun and caliber.
Problem is when people can't find the ammo they buy all the reloading stuff!

Even reloading equipment is sky rocketing. I would love to have some input on where to get stuff too!
For presses, you can try here -
https://fsreloading.com/presses/
http://www.titanreloading.com/presses/lee-turret-press

and for dies, Ive had good luck on eBay and Amazon too. Your bigger problem might be finding powder, primers, bullets and brass