PDA

View Full Version : OK, I Give UP; Where to find 308 Dies

Elkbane
02-07-2013, 02:49 PM
I've tried all my usual places to look - Gunstop, Midway, Midsouth, etc.......looking for a Hornady 2-die set for .308 Winchester. I have dies for every (standard) cartridge in the 308 family, but never owned a 308 before. Now trying to load for a friend's AR-10, and can't find dies anywhere? They used to be common as thistle, now the supply has totally dried up.

So, come on you guys, throw me a bone - give up your super-secret reloading store so I can get on with my task.

Any help, including used or cast-off dies appreciated......I'll pay....

ELkbane

missed
02-07-2013, 02:53 PM
I got my lee three die set a month ago at brownells

wbm
02-07-2013, 03:27 PM
http://store.thirdgenerationshootingsupply.com/browse.cfm/2,4578.html

Rlbol
02-07-2013, 03:43 PM
I may have a few
I will let you now tonight

tiny68
02-07-2013, 03:43 PM
http://store.thirdgenerationshootingsupply.com/browse.cfm/2,4578.html

Wow - Gene is stocked up on those dudes.... 18 sets of 308W dies in stock.

I have a friend that sold his 308W last year. We got him a new set of the Hornady dies he doesn't need. He is wanting to trade for a set of 7x57 dies.

Tim

Elkbane
02-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Thanks Guys, I'll make an orrder at 3rd Gen. Really appreciate the tip. Tiny, If I didn't have to getthis going ASAP, I'd try to help your friend out with the trade, but I'm hamstrung right now until I can get my hands on the dies.

Have a Zeiss Conquest 3-10x44 w z600, Burris Extreme Rings and a muzzle break sitting in my office and am picking up friend's Rock River 308 tomorrow. I'll get the stuff mounted this weekend and was hoping to shoot, but lack of dies has me delayed. Been looking for them for a week. Going to try Nosler CC 168's over varget first. Buying 30 cal bullets was also an egg-hunt to say the least.
Elkbane

BillPa
02-07-2013, 04:13 PM
If it will help ya any, I have a Bonanza BR set that isn't doing anything. Its only the neck sizer and seater though. It was one set in a lot I bought from a estate last year.

Shoot me a PM if you can use them. ( CHEAP!!!!)

Bill

earl39
02-07-2013, 11:17 PM
geansears.net also has some

tiny68
02-07-2013, 11:24 PM
geansears.net also has some

Gene Sears and Third Generation Shooter Supply are the same store. Third Generation Shooter Supply is their retail website outlet. They are in El Reno, OK. Gene Sears.net requires that you have an account set up to access anything. Great bunch of guys. Many purchases from them. Gene is always willing to talk and help you solve a problem. Nice to see Grandpa, Son, and Grandsons working side by side in a family business. In particular one that helps my shooting addiction.... Tim

earl39
02-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Gene Sears and Third Generation Shooter Supply are the same store. Third Generation Shooter Supply is their retail website outlet. They are in El Reno, OK. Gene Sears.net requires that you have an account set up to access anything. Great bunch of guys. Many purchases from them. Gene is always willing to talk and help you solve a problem. Nice to see Grandpa, Son, and Grandsons working side by side in a family business. In particular one that helps my shooting addiction.... Tim

learn something new every day