PDA

View Full Version : accutrigger install ?

simplerider
02-07-2013, 01:40 PM
How easy (or hard) is it to install an accutrigger unit onto the receiver? specificaly a target trigger on a target action.

The reason I'm asking is because I was shipped a target action without a trigger unit, and now the best thing the retailer can do is have savage send them the trigger parts to put on myself.

JCalhoun
02-07-2013, 01:48 PM
I may be wrong but I'm under the impression that Savage doesn't send out triggers or bolt parts.

ellobo
02-07-2013, 07:46 PM
I believe they will sell to a gunsmith. Call and ask. If not then a good aftermarkett rigger can be installed I think. RifleBasics, Timney, SSS etc.

El Lobo

bodywerks
02-08-2013, 02:19 PM
If all you need is the trigger I'll send you one of the many that i have removed for the cost of postage. They definitely aren't worth buying. But if you want one I'll send one to you. I'd highly suggest a better trigger. I love the SSS comp triggers.
If you need the other stuff, like trigger mount bracket, sear,safety mechanism then you will need to order them through a gunsmith. All they need is the serial number off your action. You're looking at like $30 in parts, less trigger.

simplerider
02-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Got a call back from the retailer the other day and they explained that they talked with savage. Savage wont send the parts, instead they told them to ship the action back to them and they would put the trigger on and ship it back to the retailer to ship back to me. In other words another 4 to 6 week wait. I told them to just cancel my order and refund me.

On a better note, I gave Jim at Northland a call and he was able to fix me up with an action right away. Jim is the man.