PDA

View Full Version : Where are the mag boxes?

bladeswitcher
02-07-2013, 08:49 AM
I've got an opportunity to buy a Savage 111 for a decent price. The only problem is that it has the side-button drop magazine and a plastic stock. If I get it, I'd want to replace the stock (probably with a Boyd's laminate). I'm assuming that means I need to convert to blind mag. The problem is that I can't find any long action blind-mag magazine boxes in stock anywhere.

Questions:
Anybody got a lead on who has the magazine box in stock?
What else will I need to do a side-release mag to blind mag conversion?

scope eye
02-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Did you try savage directly?

Dean

bladeswitcher
02-07-2013, 09:34 AM
Did you try savage directly?

Dean

D'oh!

Uh . . . no, I didn't think of that . . . I'll check with them.

Anybody know if I need any thing else?

scope eye
02-07-2013, 09:47 AM
You have to have a part number when you call them, so go to midway and look up the part #, midway has there number and also savages part #, savage will ask you for the serial # just tell you have the part# you want, believe me they don't want to hear about your conversion or modifying, don't forget it comes in two parts the box and spring part, and maybe a third part depending if it is a center feed it will also have that L shaped clip.

Tanks Dean

earl39
02-07-2013, 03:31 PM
just call savage and talk to Effie. Tell her what you need and as long as it is not a savage restricted item she will help you out.

scope eye
02-07-2013, 03:39 PM
I am sure going to remember that name, every time I have called, it's like the Spanish Inquisition with the questions, I always end up with what I need, but never the less.

Tanks Dean

ellobo
02-07-2013, 07:38 PM
Those side button rifles I believe go back before the change in management. In which case they will not service that rifle with parts or information. I could be wrong on that but don't be surprised if that is the answer you get from Savage.

El Lobo

J.Baker
02-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Side button magazines were made from 1966 to when they changed to the centerfeed magazines, and even continued on beyond that to a very limited degree in extra el-cheapo package rifles.

ellobo
02-07-2013, 08:29 PM
I stand corrected,,,, Again

bootsmcguire
02-08-2013, 01:03 AM
just call savage and talk to Effie. Tell her what you need and as long as it is not a savage restricted item she will help you out.

+1, I got to meet Effie Sullivan at the 2012 NRA Show in St. Louis. We talked for about a half hour. Very knowledgable and helpful lady. She is definatly the person you want to talk to.

rjtfroggy
02-08-2013, 07:09 AM
When you call go to ext. 6 it will take you right to her desk phone.