PDA

View Full Version : Boyds Savage stocks coming with DBM and Pachmayr Pad coming

brasse
02-05-2013, 06:04 PM
I am getting a savage 16 in 6.5 Creedmoor, comes with a DBM, which I want to keep if possible.

Been looking at Stocky's Thumbhole as you can get a better pad (not Pachmayr) and a DBM.

I have a couple of Boyd's stock, a Classic and a Featherweight Thumbhole, both blind magazine. I happen to be in Texas this week, a guy mentioned Boyd's was coming out with a DBM on their Savage stock.

So I called Boyd's, they have a bunch of custom features coming February 15th, including a Pachmayer pad for $30 more.

She stated about March 4th they should have DBM available in their Prairie Hunter (Monte Carlo comb), the Classic and the Featherweight Thumbhole.

It will not be available for tactical, and the varmit thumbhole.

They list all their stocks at 2.8 pounds but that is not correct. The Classic is the lightest at about 2 pounds, the Prairie Hunter a little more and the Featherweight Thumbhole about 2.5 to 2.8 pounds.

Speedrat1
02-05-2013, 07:51 PM
I did my own Varmint TH.... I think the reason you'll not get one direct from them is you have to keep the receiver to bottom metal distance at the factory relation or it will not feed correctly. With the thicker bottom wood on the Varmint you have to take about 1/4" off the area around the DBM.... I've not actually measured it so it's more like I think that's how much further I relieved it past Boyds stock. What I actually did was hold the measurement from the bottom of the receiver at the screw holes to the surface where the DBM sits.