PDA

View Full Version : Quick Release Rings, and Pic base

01-13-2010, 01:44 AM
Do any of you use the quick release style rings on picatinny bases? If so how do you like them, and what brands would you suggest? I have seen bases from $25 up to $150, but I can't see paying $150 for a scope base!! I have not seen too many rings with this feature. Only Talley, and Leupold. Any others I should check? I would really like to use my IOR on more than one rifle while I save up for my Nightforce, but that may be a while!!! Thanks very much for any information!

NRV
01-13-2010, 07:37 AM
I have a Warne steel picatinny base and use Burris quick release rings with it. I swap the same scope between a Winchester 70 270 WSM and a Savage 12 243 Win. The only thing that I don&#39;t like is that the Burris quick release rings are not one of their models that allow the use of inserts. That would be nice. Otherwise, they are very nice and very reasonably priced (<$40 I think). Swapping the scope takes only a matter of seconds, and I recorded the POI windage and elevation changes the first time. Using these recorded changes definately gets you within "minute of game" without firing a test shot.

teele1
01-13-2010, 07:46 AM
I swap a NightForce 12-42 Benchrest scope between three rifles with IRO rings with the nut. I also have several sets of Leupold and Burris Quick Release rings. The Leupold will require you to "snap" the scope below the center line of the ring possible leading to some finish marring or scratching. I don&#39;t have issues with either types. I just carry a 1/2" nutdriver to swap the NightForce if necessary. I also have a book with elevation and windage readings for each rifle.

snoog37
01-13-2010, 10:50 PM
I use the warne QR&#39;s on a couple varmint rigs & on a couple of ar15s. Have had no issues. Well, I guess one, but that was my fault for over-torquing and snapping off a couple of screws.