PDA

View Full Version : Accutrigger parts question

handirifle
02-05-2013, 02:31 AM
Two questions actually.

First, is what happened to Sharp Shooter Supply? Fred still around?

Second, is my model 11 actually lost the adjustment screw for the accutrigger. Anyone know of a source? The Savage Parts Finder, says it's for gunsmiths only? Really? It's OK for us to adjust them, but not replace them? i have never adjusted this model, but when swapping barrels today, I noticed the safety would not set with the bolt in and cocked. The problem I have is there isn't a gunsmith within 50 miles of me, if that close, and it's absolutely stupid to have a gunsmith install the adjustment screw. It's not rocket science.

short round
02-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Are you talking about the tool to turn the spring? Is the spring missing? I turn the spring with my finger & thumb.

82boy
02-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Sharp Shooters supply is still in business, and like everyone else WAY overwelmed with orders.
If your talking about the allen screw in the back of the trigger, look at lowes, or other hardware stores, as the screw is a common screw. Worse case senerio why not send it to Savage?

handirifle
02-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Are you talking about the tool to turn the spring? Is the spring missing? I turn the spring with my finger & thumb.

Ironically I spoke with Savage this AM and the lady there informed me there IS NO SCREW in the adjustment area, she said you are actually adjusting the spring when you turn the tool.

I am getting ready to test what she said.

short round
I did get ahold of SSS via the web site. Sent an email, but no response yet. Not surprised how busy everyone is.

For all, an FYI. Some parts can now be ordered directly from Savage. I did. For cost comparison, I was looking for the above non existing screw, and the retaining pin that holds the ejector in the bolt head.
Brownells, out of stock, back order OK $3.99 each
Midwayusa, in stock, at $2.99 each, and was $3.99 shipping + tax
Savage parts $2.00 each plus $4.00 for tax AND shipping

So, needless to say Savage got my order. Items like barrels (the 223 sporter mine came with from factory) was $125, BUT a factory fitted item. Some parts were to be sent to gunsmiths only. You enter your serial number and the schematic for that rifle comes up with each part numbered. Click on the part number and the detail page loads.

handirifle
02-05-2013, 07:27 PM
OK checked and adjusted the trigger pull and darned if it didn't fix it. I still wonder if there is another adjustment that might affect that, but not gonna worry about it.

Odd thing was I don't recall ever adjusting the trigger pull on it, so no idea how it got out of whack.

BillPa
02-05-2013, 09:23 PM
Some parts can now be ordered directly from Savage. I did. For cost comparison, I was looking for the above non existing screw, and the retaining pin that holds the ejector in the bolt head.

Last September I ordered three each online, ejectors, springs and extractors. $27.00 including S/H and had them in three days.

handirifle
02-05-2013, 11:10 PM
They said they ship UPS so 3 days would REALLY surprise me. Pleasantly, mind you.

seanhagerty
02-05-2013, 11:19 PM
OK checked and adjusted the trigger pull and darned if it didn't fix it. I still wonder if there is another adjustment that might affect that, but not gonna worry about it.

Odd thing was I don't recall ever adjusting the trigger pull on it, so no idea how it got out of whack.

Just shooting will adjust things a bit.

handirifle
02-05-2013, 11:24 PM
Yea but it really hasn't been shot all that much really. Kinda odd.

bodywerks
02-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Engaging the safety with bolt in and cocked has nothing to do with the trigger spring. There are two separate set screws to adjust the safety engagement. One for just locking the trigger and the other for when the safety is slid all the way forward to lock the bolt. If you can't even slide the button all the way forward then you need to loosen the forward set screw until you can.