PDA

View Full Version : Release Agent For Devcon when used on Tape- Recommendation

Pages : 1 [2]

lwink
01-14-2010, 01:37 AM
Sounds like a great gun!! I've only done a couple bedding jobs, but they were done with kiwi shoe polish, no problems with sticking (knock on wood). I do prefer brown though... ;) It's what I had around, saved $3 for some extra bullets. The brown doesn't stick either -- I did one time dump a whole tube of superglue in my action though... that was a fun day of rubbing solvents and scraping with a razor ;D

durango
01-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Simple solution--dump the masking tape and go with vinyl electricians tape and a good paste wax--Kiwi, Johnson's, whatever. I use Minwax cause that's what I have on hand. FWIW, I've never had much success with the light weight oils-if I use oil, it's 30W. A little messy, but I don't own any one piece guns! Steve

savageboy
01-21-2010, 10:34 AM
Well, the standard masking tape and kiwi natrual shoe polish worked. Had a hard time getting out the recoil lug that had tape on the front and 3 sides, but other than that and gooping up the stock a bit, its the best bedding job I have ever done. Thanks for the tips

DGD6MM
01-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Sounds like a good-job. Darrell Holland as a verygood DVD on Bedding Jobs, very informative.