PDA

View Full Version : boyds recoil pads

greyling
02-03-2013, 08:23 PM
boyds appears to finally have released the left hand versions of their stocks for savages, yay! (of course they are out of stock right now through......... :/ )

under their custom options there is a $30 upgrade for a pachmayr recoil pad that looks to be about 2x as thick as the standard boyds pad. http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/content/Boyds/CustomPages/customoptions.htm

any ideas what that pad might be? d750 maybe? is it rubber through and through or is it one of the hollow core designs?

Speedrat1
02-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Don't know for sure this will help or not.... just recently changed out a Boyds pad on a Varmint Thumbhole and the closest fit I found was the longer rem 700 pad IIRC. If you have need to shorten the stock then it's a bit of work.

Werewolf
02-04-2013, 11:33 AM
I'm pretty sure it is a hollow core like the ones stocky's uses. They have them in the listed individually in the parts section with the model numbers.

goinssr
02-07-2013, 01:24 AM
They don't look abnormally thick to me. They look like every other Decelerator pad that I have. I am waiting to order mine for my M10 lefty. Can't wait!