PDA

View Full Version : Savage Trigger Guards(10FP)

jdg
01-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Are all the blue trigger guards the same? Need one with the hardware, since Im doing away with the Choate Stock. Brownells shows one, but for a 110. Will it fit on a B&C Medalist stock?

Thanks for the help!

Blue Avenger
01-12-2010, 06:15 PM
some stocks are different thickness in this area. you may have to shim guard or shorten trigger to clearance.

dolomite_supafly
01-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Are all the blue trigger guards the same? Need one with the hardware, since Im doing away with the Choate Stock. Brownells shows one, but for a 110. Will it fit on a B&C Medalist stock?

Thanks for the help!

That same guard fit fine on a bone stock Stevens 200 and a Stevens 200 in a Stockade stock. I did have to grind a little on the opening for the trigger for clearance but that may have been for the SSS trigger I had installed.

It is the same exact dimensions as the factory plastic guard that came on my Stevens 200.

Dolomite

Carvera
01-12-2010, 07:40 PM
There are different trigger guards.

While I won't argue with Blue Avenger that there are stocks that vary in thickness around the trigger guard area, I'm going on a limb and saying that Savage has different trigger guards available now.

The trigger guard on the top is a metal trigger guard. The trigger guard on the bottom is a plastic trigger guard that was recently removed from a Stevens 200 centerfeed rifle. You will notice the thickness on the front of the trigger guard with the plastic one compared to the thickness on the front of the metal one. They're not even close! There has definitely got to be a better way than to be shimming an older metal trigger guard to work on the newer Savage/Stevens rifle.

I would guess, (like Savage has done in the past) that they never changed the part number on the newer trigger guards to reflect the differences between the new and the old. Does anyone have a newer Savage rifle that came from the factory with a metal trigger guard that could check the thickness on the front of the trigger guard.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f232/Carvera/P1124218.jpg

jdg
01-12-2010, 08:29 PM
I spose I should also mention, this is a centerfeed, Accutriger, 10FP. Will B&C be able to tell me which TG to get?

LG
01-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Carvera,

I got a new rifle very recently. It's fairly recent production, serial number G91xxxx, short action, centerfeed. The trigger guard is metal, and it looks like the one on top in your picture. The rifle has a DBM. Just guessing here... Maybe newer rifles with DBM come with trigger guards that are thin in front of the guard itself, whereas guns without DBM utilize the trigger guards that are thick in the front. The difference in thickness would be the thickness of the DBM bottom hardware. Again this is just my guess. I don't know the facts.

dolomite_supafly
01-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Ok, the metal trigger guard is the same as a stagger feed. I have never looked at a centerfeed so I assumed they were the same.

Dolomite