PDA

View Full Version : who hear reloads?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

BillPa
01-31-2013, 05:38 PM
What are those two things below the cartridge?

Chamber casts made with Cerosafe. It the only way I know of to determine some of the chamber dimensions without having the reamer used to cut it. No, it wasn't blown off. Its were the patch was in the barrel to hold the molten Cerosafe.

A couple more...
http://i48.tinypic.com/34g1szm.jpg

A cast of my 338 Federal FL die, the chamber cast and a case.

Bill

bower4311
01-31-2013, 09:04 PM
Don't buy the reload books? I guess there's no sense in knowing what the bullet/cartridge dimensions are, min/max loads, ballistic coefficients, drop tables etc are. : )

Most all of that information can be had online. I did buy a cartridge specific book for 15 dollars which was a compilation of all available bullet and powder information.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

thermaler
01-31-2013, 09:10 PM
Most all of that information can be had online. I did buy a cartridge specific book for 15 dollars which was a compilation of all available bullet and powder information.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2More power to ya. I couldn't imagine not having them--but maybe that's because I'm a beginner--and I also like the advantage of being able to have everything at my fingertips where and when I want them.

bower4311
01-31-2013, 11:06 PM
I was set up by a gun shop owner and can call him at any point for information. I do have some "downloaded" copies of manuals that I can refer to. I am a beginner and I'm doing it without 100 dollars of manuals is all I'm trying to say. They are very useful though.

acemisser
02-01-2013, 09:11 AM
I have to say that I agree..One does NOT need all the books..But if you want to cross reference you will need another book to do so..lol

Alot of stuff on line I would be careful of..Unless you know for sure it is a reliable source..That is why I tell people to get the Lyman manual.It covers a lot more than the others..Of course there is the ABC's of reloading and it is not a bad book..I read it...

But suit yourself and do as you will..If you got everything people in forums tell you to get or what you need,you better be rich and have a huge reloading room...lol...John

bower4311
02-01-2013, 10:30 AM
"The internet is like a sidewalk. You have to step around the **** and the stale gum. Wear boots."

acemisser
02-01-2013, 10:37 AM
"The internet is like a sidewalk. You have to step around the **** and the stale gum. Wear boots.":amen:

[[QUOTE][[QUOTE][[QUOTE][[QUOTE]/QUOTE]/QUOTE]/QUOTE]/QUOTE]

davemuzz
02-01-2013, 11:29 AM
"The internet is like a sidewalk. You have to step around the **** and the stale gum. Wear boots."

Everything posted on the internet is true!! And 98.99% of all facts are made up on the spot!!!

JackinSD
02-01-2013, 11:41 AM
If you want to believe all that is written by the honest people on the internet: 1. They have never missed a shot. 2. They can shoot 1/2 moa groups all day long at 1500 yards in a 50 mph wind, out of a 2" pistol barrel. 3. Everything they have ever shot dropped right there (DRT). 4. They have tried everthing, and only their way/item works and all the rest are junk. 5. They say they are 63 years old and have been shooting/reloading/hunting for 70 years. Oh, I forgot to mention, they are French models.

87predator
02-01-2013, 11:57 AM
If you want to believe all that is written by the honest people on the internet: 1. They have never missed a shot. 2. They can shoot 1/2 moa groups all day long at 1500 yards in a 50 mph wind, out of a 2" pistol barrel. 3. Everything they have ever shot dropped right there (DRT). 4. They have tried everthing, and only their way/item works and all the rest are junk. 5. They say they are 63 years old and have been shooting/reloading/hunting for 70 years. Oh, I forgot to mention, they are French models.

Uh... Bonjour...
Yup been there done all of those.

But then again I'm also rich out my ears, have more model girlfriends than I can count, and have shot everything that can be hunted.

Oops sorry this isn't my dream. I really need to talk to somebody about those.

Sorry guys I couldn't help it.

JackinSD
02-01-2013, 12:11 PM
Love it!

bower4311
02-01-2013, 12:21 PM
The best way is to find the people who are respected the most that hang around along enough for people to know them and not their fake personality. Find 5 of those guys and see what they agree on.

acemisser
02-01-2013, 12:53 PM

I want to know just how in tell did you know I was a French Model ? And I shoot 1/4 inch groups at 1 mile with my new 4 inch pistol..

JackinSD
02-01-2013, 01:25 PM
I want to know just how in tell did you know I was a French Model ? And I shoot 1/4 inch groups at 1 mile with my new 4 inch pistol..

I could tell you were a French model by your accent, and the good looks were a given.

Stockrex
02-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Everything posted on the internet is true!! And 98.99% of all facts are made up on the spot!!!

fighting over the internet is like the special olympics, even if you win, you are still special ;-)

Stevens M200 30-06
02-01-2013, 07:56 PM
lets get some more reloading info. is this kit a good starter kit??

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/121744/lee-challenger-breech-lock-single-stage-press-kit?cm_cat=Cart&cm_pla=ProductDesc

thermaler
02-01-2013, 08:22 PM
lets get some more reloading info. is this kit a good starter kit??

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/121744/lee-challenger-breech-lock-single-stage-press-kit?cm_cat=Cart&cm_pla=ProductDescIt gets the job done, and you can always fit quality dies in it. It's what I use as a beginner kit. The hornady and rcbs kits are more expensive, but as you start adding and upgraded the Lee set-up they become more competitive, so IMO if money is a factor definitely get the Lee kit to get to work and start reloading, but if you have the money take a close look at the other kits.Just my novice 2 cents.

missed
02-01-2013, 09:02 PM
I have that one. I like the press and there dies, the powder measure gets the job done, and so does the scale, but I use my old ohaus scale instead of the lee one.

87predator
02-01-2013, 09:40 PM
I ran that kit for three years and still do...except i upgraded Yup an rcbs auto order measure.

CJnWy
02-02-2013, 01:00 AM
The Lee will get the job done and well but its on backorder and I seriosly doubt it will be back in stock anytime soon.
I own 4 presses The Dillion stays set up for 204, and 223 most of the time and the other 12 calibars get loaded up with the RCBS IV. The old Lyman terrent served me well for 20 years but one sits now due to a broken bolt Lyman give me the runaround on=No more orange. I got a Lee press in a trade deal with the thought of useing it for a range press but have yet to use it much....Kinda cheesey compaired to the others.