PDA

View Full Version : Info on Savage 10FVP

wnycollector
01-30-2013, 10:56 AM
Hi all. I'm looking to purchase my first Savage rifle. I have narrowed it down to two rifles, a 10 FVP and a 10 FCP.

The 10 FVP is a NIB discontinued pre accutrigger/stock Savage in 223. I cannot find any info about this rifle, but it's $400 price has me very interested in it. My knowledge of Savages Accutrigger is limited at best. What are the pro's/cons of buying a pre accutrigger/accustock Savage?

The other Savage that I'm thinking about purchasing is a 10FCP also in .223. The 10 FCP has both the accu trigger/stock. The price difference between the 10 FVP and the 10 FCP is ~$350. Whichever rifle I choose it will be used to punch paper 90% of the time out to 300 yards with the occasional woodchuck hunt at a buddies parents dairy farm.

Any input would be appreciated.

mattm0812
01-30-2013, 12:54 PM
I have the FCP K in .308 and it needs no adjustments whatsoever. Shoots like a dream.

The accutrigger is a very nice trigger.

Either one will suit you just fine.

pitsnipe
01-30-2013, 01:42 PM
I second that nomination. I own a south paw version of that weapon in .308 and as matt pointed out: it shoots like a dream. Far better than I can. And for the Accutrigger? Well, I didnt know what a smooth trigger was until I owned this weapon.
Take my word for it: It will be Good Shootin!

wnycollector
01-30-2013, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I went to my LGS to check out the 10FCP and ended up with a nib 10FP. It has the accutrigger but not the accustock plus the old style blind staggered mag. Now I need to post about for best mount and ring combo.

mattm0812
01-30-2013, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I went to my LGS to check out the 10FCP and ended up with a nib 10FP. It has the accutrigger but not the accustock plus the old style blind staggered mag. Now I need to post about for best mount and ring combo.

Good find on the FP.

The accustock is nothing fancy.

I think that the FP is the best savage bang for buck.