PDA

View Full Version : Accuracy

stangfish
01-29-2013, 09:36 PM
I have a Modified Stevens in 308. This past weekend I was shooting 200yrds and was putting them mostly in the X on a MR-52 with a few 10's. I was using a sinclair Fclass bipod and was putting my hand in such a position that I could pull the trigger in a fashion that was synonomous with accurate shooting. This has a factory trigger worked by me. Try to picture a sweet crisp break at 1lb. I did not try apply force at a 45 degree angle of travel , why would I, Instead it was the standard straight back pull. I don't have an accutrigger but they are worthless as they have to be pulled straight back as well. I replaced the target and I repeated the previous situation with all but 4 of 42 rounds being in the X ring.

All the primers fired as the were designed. BTW I used CCI BR2's

Has anyone ever experienced this? If not I challenge you to try it...or better yet do not try it. If you get it to happen in a repeatable fashion you just may begin to not trust your gun to go bang every time you pull the trigger???????????? I may even start a new topic if I cannot find my circumstances posted.

I plan to do a more in depth searh of this forum to see if anyone else has posted questions about such an occurence.

MRducks! LOL:o

choclabs
01-29-2013, 10:43 PM
Lately I've been doing a lot of research on the topic you described. This research trip has taken me to the Savage website where they have movie animations that show you how the engineers at Savage developed the Accu-trigger to increase safety by using dual trigger blades. In addition I have read the CAPITALIZED statements provided by Savage in their owners manual regarding proper trigger pull and the associated limitations of their groundbreaking Accu-trigger. And I gotta let you know that those 4 mistakes out of 42 that you made at the range could easily be tightened up if your attitude towards the Accu-trigger were not so danged warped.

BTW - no need to search the forum in depth as all you'll find there is a bunch of posts from people who are newbies, P and M ing about not knowing how to properly pull their Accu-trigger or those who complain about not being able to slam their bolt closed without the danged firing pin being released and such other non-sense posts.

I have now sipped at the Savage kool-aid water fountain of knowledge and am seeking my salvation while singing praise to the incredible Accu-trigger! Can we get an amen from the chorus?

stangfish
01-29-2013, 11:09 PM
Good Form LOL

thomae
01-29-2013, 11:23 PM
Hmmm...wondering if I need to get a drink of water to go with this dry humor. :very_drunk:

pdog06
01-30-2013, 11:18 PM
this thread is a mockery of the original thread("accutrigger issues") that just got closed because of the complaining going on, and then you guys wanna just start a new one?

In regards to the Accutrigger thread that was closed, those involved need to read the rules for forum etiquette.

Im closing this one before it gets to the point of the that one.