PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the target action..

jimbo88mm
01-28-2013, 05:20 PM
I am thinking about building a rifle with an Eliseo chassis (see: http://www.gotxring.com/long-range-prone/ ).

I know that the target action is essentially the same short action you can find on any other savage rifle except it includes a 3rd action screw and the target accu-trigger. Is there any other advantage in choosing the target action over a standard action? Are the tolerances higher?

The main purpose of this build would be FClass competition.

(I did do a search in the forum, I'm guessing the threads prior to the website update are gone).

Thanks

JCalhoun
01-28-2013, 08:36 PM
I doubt there are any noticeable advantages in accuracy. There are a a lot of F-Class shooters using the standard 10 & 110 actions. The target AT is also rather gimmicky compared to a true match trigger.

BTW, if you're interested I have a long range rifle in the classifieds that I built for F-Class and LRBR.

stangfish
01-28-2013, 09:02 PM
BTW, if you're interested I have a long range rifle in the classifieds that I built for F-Class and LRBR

Shameless plug. It is a nice rifle though.

JCalhoun
01-28-2013, 10:10 PM
Thanks.

82boy
01-29-2013, 12:03 AM
Is there any other advantage in choosing the target action over a standard action? Are the tolerances higher?

No the tolerances are not tighter, and basicly the actions are the same, the advantage to a target action is not accuracy, but configuration. I would prefer a target action because you can have a right bolt and a left feed, or a dual port. Makes shooting a bit easier.