PDA

View Full Version : rear bolt baffle

barthowes
01-27-2013, 07:56 AM
I have a new model 16FHSS accustock, accutrigger. New to me that is. The rear bolt baffle is loose and sloppy when cycling the bolt. Where can I get a new one. Brownells looked to be for the old model 10. I took one off a 116 that i own and worked as good as new with no slop. I'm tempted to just tweak it alittle to tighten it up but i don't want to ruin it. The bearings are all there, it's just not as tight as the other one. I'm not a member so i cant use the classified.

RyanG
01-27-2013, 11:19 AM
They are loose from time to time.... The one on my 243 is a bit loose but I have not noticed any issues with it at all. But you might check Numerich's. They had a few parts that Midway and Brownells didnt.

stangfish
01-27-2013, 04:09 PM
If you consider that one garbage put it in a vice with the open end up and use a piece of copper or brass(soft material) to protect your baffle from the hard sharp jaws. Slowley tighten the jaws and test it for a better fit. It need to be loose enough to spin on the bolt body. You can use some dial calipers to check the opening in several places and try to pinch it in a couple of thousandths at a time. It may break it may end up to tight requiring you to fit it. just a thought

barthowes
01-27-2013, 08:16 PM
that is exactly what i had in mind to tighten it. wasn't sure if anyone had ever tried it.that is exactly what i had in mind to tighten it. wasn't sure if anyone had ever tried it.

sharpshooter
01-27-2013, 10:13 PM
It will not bend, IT WILL BREAK!!!!!

stangfish
01-28-2013, 12:39 AM
IT must be cast or powdered then so dont do it. My bad. It was an experiment on garbage though. What if you put some heat on it jim?

barthowes
01-28-2013, 09:12 AM
That is why I asked. It looked like it was cast. I deal with cast iron at work and know how it like to break. Figure this wasn't too different. So how do I get the ball bearings out then. I tried poking the ball holding the ball, but anything I did wouldn't allow the second ball to pass by. (If that makes any sense to everyone.) It is the three hole baffle. one the ball seats in , one on top, and one on the opposite side the ball is seated. maybe I can take these out and chamfer or debur the hole the ball bearing seats in to allow a little more pressure. It is only loose when it's in the groove on the bolt, but there slops around forward and back.