PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Trouble assembling springfield/savage 67F

hunter564
01-26-2013, 12:04 PM
I have a savage/springfield 67f that was in storage for 20+ years. I wanted to clean it before shooting it and ran into problems with reassembly. Here is what happened

- Check gun is clear
- remove stock
- remove pin and screw to drop trigger assembly
- it was spotless so I added a few drops of rem oil and reassembled

Now when I dry fire the slide will not come back unless I push the slide release button. What did I do wrong? Did something fly out when I disassembled, did I reassemble incorrectly or is something else going on?

Thanks for any help

Mad Dog
02-02-2013, 08:38 PM
Wish I could help, I have a model 170 doing the same thing.

hunter564
02-03-2013, 11:20 AM
I figured it out..
The lever that blocks the slide from coming back has a wire spring attached to it, this was bent to a wider angle and caused the problem. I carefully bent it back and everything worked fine. In my case, I had the stock removed and could see me progress each time I bent the spring.

I dont know anything about the 170 but maybe this helps you.

Mad Dog
02-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Ya, it sure does, the internals on those and the 170's are alot alike, I'll have a look at that spring in mine, thanks alot.

hunter564
02-04-2013, 05:55 PM
to look at the spring will not tell you much. I only noticed a problem when I had the stock off and worked the action

Mad Dog
02-04-2013, 06:55 PM
I've got a spare trigger group here to so that helps. Won't have to worry about fixing the spring in it, just switch it with a good one.