PDA

View Full Version : Lost safety bearing pin.... Help

RyanG
01-25-2013, 08:38 PM
Somehow when I took my rifle apart I misplaced the safety bearing pin. I have an older 110 flat back. Im betting that if fell on the floor but with all the snow and stuff I cannot find it to save my life.

Does anyone have one I can buy or tell me where I can get my hands on one. The Savage partsfinder stated that its a gunsmith restricted part.... Just my luck

I dont see one listed on Midway's site.

Please help... wow Im begging.... lol

Ryan

jonbearman
01-25-2013, 09:35 PM
Try brownells.

BillPa
01-25-2013, 09:54 PM
Somehow when I took my rifle apart I misplaced the safety bearing pin. I have an older 110 flat back. Im betting that if fell on the floor but with all the snow and stuff I cannot find it to save my life.

Does anyone have one I can buy or tell me where I can get my hands on one. The Savage partsfinder stated that its a gunsmith restricted part.... Just my luck

I dont see one listed on Midway's site.

Please help... wow Im begging.... lol

Ryan

I may have one the parts storage container. (aka; junk box.) I'll take a look and if I do your welcome to it. Give me a few minutes.

Bill

BillPa
01-25-2013, 10:03 PM
UPDATE.....

Just to be sure, is this the little bugger ?
http://i47.tinypic.com/103e8oz.jpg

If so, yes I have one. Now we'll talk price, how bad do you need it?:p

Naw, shoot me with your address, I get it in the mail tomorrow.

Bill

sharpshooter
01-25-2013, 10:37 PM
That's not a safety bearing pin, Bill. That is an older 4 screw trigger pivot pin. The safety bearing pin looks like a dumbbell. The notch in the center is square for the safety detent spring to snap over. You were close, tho.....:p

RyanG
01-25-2013, 10:57 PM
Bill,

That looks really close... I cant find a picture of it. Midway doesnt have one..... Brownells is out of stock.... I have no idea how I lost the darn thing.... bet I dont find it this spring when all the snow melts either... lol

But I will tell you what.... I am really impressed with the people on this form! Bill thank you so much for taking the time to look....

Thanks

Ryan

BillPa
01-25-2013, 11:06 PM
Dangit, I'll have to look again, I kinda dumped the box and grabbed without looking too close. Heck, I'm not even sure where that animal came from!!!!

RyanG
01-26-2013, 03:39 PM
Guys,

Thanks for all the effort. I found one at Numrich this morning. Hoping it will be shipped this week. Funny that shipping was more than the part... I will be more careful next time. Im sure that it got dumped with the sonic cleaner fluid..... Lesson learned there.....