PDA

View Full Version : Broken Axis magazines

Pages : 1 [2]

J.Baker
01-28-2013, 09:42 PM
Hmmm... I don't know what happened to my last post, it seems to have disappeared. Long story short... I think Savage is a fine brand of Firearm, and I trust that they did many hours of research on their mag latch for the Axis. I read where a shooter on another forum shoot a thousand rounds through his Axis with no problems. But yes, old stigmas die hard, and I hope and trust the plastic they made the mag latch out of is not the same as the plastic of years gone by. If the latch failed today I would still be impressed with the rifle. My wife and I now own two, and maybe soon to be three.

It was flagged for moderation for some reason. Basically just requires one of us mod types to approve it before everyone else can see it. It's an anti-spam feature of the software that "kinda" works as it should - but usually not on the right posts. lol

J.Baker
01-28-2013, 09:45 PM
I think you'll find that most who have had the tabs break on their plastic bottom plate had them break because they tried to separate the plate from the metal housing for whatever reason. As with most plastic ears or tabs they're designed to snap in - not out, so when you try to take the part off more often than not you're going to break them.

Rogeritall
01-28-2013, 09:59 PM
I think you'll find that most who have had the tabs break on their plastic bottom plate had them break because they tried to separate the plate from the metal housing for whatever reason. As with most plastic ears or tabs they're designed to snap in - not out, so when you try to take the part off more often than not you're going to break them.

That would work well for me... I don't plan on taking it apart anymore then is needed to maintain it. :) By the way Mrfurious, if you wish you can delete my second post #21 as a duplicate. I could do it manually, but it may be just as easy, or better for you to do it. Thanks...

HaroldB
02-03-2013, 03:42 AM
Had my Axis in .223 rem for over a year, hoping to find spare magazines.

Had to wait 3 weeks, but Cabelas has them now around $35 each. Pick up my 2 spares tomorrow.

RatMag
02-04-2013, 01:15 PM
And if one of you roughnecks does succeed in breaking one, the replacement cap is $4.00

Are these replacement caps available from you?? Or Northland?? I am in need of a few. Thanks!!

DK

lasvegasteddy
03-13-2013, 12:44 AM
there is an outfit making high capacity magazines linked here...reasonable too at like $70 or so...10-12-15 rounds or more
http://coloradorat.wix.com/ratmagmagazines#!pricing