PDA

View Full Version : Ejector question

DanSavage
01-23-2013, 07:45 PM
I have a 110 that I've put a single shot follower in and I'm trying to get maximum accuracy out of this gun so I decided to remove the ejector on it. (Bench use only)

I have knocked out the small pin that holds the ejector in place and the ejector pin is removed. My question is, is that all there is to it? No spring came out of the hole, I just want to make sure that spring isn't gonna come out upon firing the gun. If I have to I can remove the bolt head to do any further steps if needed.

Dan

scope eye
01-23-2013, 07:54 PM
Hey Dan if you tap it on a hard surface it should come out, and if it doesn't then I would not worry about it, nothing is going to come fling out.

Tanks Dean

DanSavage
01-23-2013, 08:10 PM
Hey Dan if you tap it on a hard surface it should come out, and if it doesn't then I would not worry about it, nothing is going to come fling out.

Tanks Dean

Dean, I tried that and nothing came out. I'll try tapping a little harder and see..

Dan

scope eye
01-23-2013, 08:19 PM
The brass will be covering they ejector hole, so you really not worry.

Dean

stangfish
01-23-2013, 09:31 PM
Take a small drift punch and push it in the hole. If you feel a spring compress....it's in there. if not it's is on the floor and mixed in with the dust bunnies and dog hair!

Nor Cal Mikie
01-23-2013, 11:06 PM
Shine a light in the hole. See anything? Try a bent paper clip to catch the spring if it's still in there. If not, it took a hike when you pulled the cross pin. Not to worry.

sharpshooter
01-24-2013, 12:23 AM
Use a wood tooth pick, it will wedge inside the spring and yank it out.

DanSavage
01-24-2013, 07:43 PM
Good news, I got the spring out. Didn't have any tooth picks on hand so I stuck a small awl type tool and wedged into the top of the spring, then it pulled out. Thanks for the help guys!

Regards

Dan

scope eye
01-24-2013, 08:28 PM
I love a happy ending LOL

Dean