PDA

View Full Version : McM for Model 11

Travis13
01-23-2013, 07:09 AM
Hey guys first post. I just got a 300 wsm model 11 and was wanting to put it into a McMillan stock. Does Stockys have any in stock that will fit? I'm not sure what all the specs are. Also I am getting some dies and going to reload for it. Any good 130gr TSX loads? Thanks

Travis13
01-23-2013, 08:55 AM
Also, I am new to the allure of savage rifles. I have always been biased towards Model 70s and Remmy 700s, but with the recent move to Portugal for Winchester and the crap Big Green has been putting out, Savage seems like the best option. Since my rifle is chambered in 300wsm, what are my barrel replacement options if I so choose? How hard is it to change the barrels out? And would Shilen be a good place to get a replacement?

bower4311
01-23-2013, 09:22 AM
Savage barrels are able to be changed without a smith. There are many companies out there making barrels for savage. You can drop them right in.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

J.Baker
01-23-2013, 03:31 PM
First off, welcome to the site!

Regarding your stock question, that would depend on when your rifle was built and what the action screw spacing is. If it's an older staggered-feed magazine with the controlled round feed bolt head then you'll need a stock for the 4.275" action screw spacing (blind magazine box is attached to action). If it's a center-feed magazine with the push-feed bolt head then you'll need a stock for the 4.40" action screw spacing (blind magazine box stays with stock when you remove the barreled action).

As for swapping out the barrel, take some time to read through some of the many, many posts here on the forum and you'll find your answers a few hundred times over.