PDA

View Full Version : Wood stocks for the centerfeed Stevens 200, have I got this correct?

awp101
01-10-2010, 02:50 PM
OK, after a search of several threads here I think I've got this figured out but I need some confirmation/clarification please.

To change a centerfeed Stevens 200 7-08 to a wood stock I need a stock designed for the Savage 110 series AND the longer action screws such as SSS sells, correct? Am I leaving anything out or misunderstanding something?

Thanks! :D

82boy
01-10-2010, 03:57 PM
A Stevens 200 in 7mm08 would be on a short action, a 110 is a long action. What you need is a short action centerfeed stock. You may or may not need the longer screws depending on what stock you go with. Check your screw spacing but it should be 4.400. If your screw spacing it 5.062 it is a long action. If it is 4.275 it is a staggered feed.

awp101
01-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Thanks! A 10 series is what I was thinking but I double tapped the 1 and didn't proofread...DOH!

jpdown
01-10-2010, 04:44 PM
If you have a Stevens SA Center Feed action (4.4" action hole spacing), then you will need a Savage SA center feed stock. Many of the aftermarket stock makers have not converted manufacturing equipment from the old SA Stagger Feed stocks (4.275") to the center feed stocks. Sharp Shooter Supply (Laminated) and Stockade Gunstocks (Composite) can custom make you a stock for a SA centerfeed Savage/Stevens. You can put an WTB ad in this sites classifieds for a center feed stock, or order one directly from Savage. I've found center feed takeoffs on EBay and Gunbroker, but make sure it's a centerfeed and not a stagger feed stock. LOL.

82boy
01-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Would have to be a paid member to access the classifed section. Northland is a good source for factory Savage take off stocks.

awp101
01-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Thanks, the problem I'm running into right now is everything I've found is either a varmint, synthetic or tactical set-up. All I'm looking for is a "classic" Monte Carlo style sporter in walnut.

In fact I'm even having a hard time finding the same style for a Swede Mauser. Looks like I might have been born about 50 years too late... :D

I'll keep an eye out in the Northland fourm. Might even drop them a line to ask.