PDA

View Full Version : Savage 110 BA 300 Win Mag

billetman
01-19-2013, 08:24 PM
Hi
New member and new Savage 110 BA owner, I bought this rifle used with less than 100 round count this was my first bolt action so I figured I would have a bit of a learning curve. I mounted a Nightforce 5-22 x 56 and took it out for the first time, I was spaying rounds everywhere and thought maybe I had bought a lemon and that is why the original owner bailed, when I returned home I started looking things over a little more carefully and realized the mount rail had not been installed straight and a couple of the fasteners were not real tight so I took it to work and using some precision equipment re mounted the rail straight and true to the bore. The next trip out was a big improvement but still just over one MOA. Another thing that I was not getting along with was the Acutrigger blade for the same reason I don't like Glocks I guess so I bought a Sav 2 trigger and took it back to work low and behold when I took the action out of the stock the rear bolt was finger tight, the next trip to the range the Santa Anna winds were blowing and the bench under neath me was moving but after 5 shots and re zeroing the scope the next five were .5 MOA so I decided to stay as I had paid for the range and shot five groups under .5 MOA I have to say with a calm day this rifle will bug hole, I am only at 150 rounds through it now and I have to say I am amazed how good the 110 BA is and how good value for the money, moral of the story check your scope rail and check the action bolts are tightened to the correct torque spec, I did re check mine and they are where they should be. Next trip out will be to 800 to 1000 yards and some round development at the moment I am using 180 SMK's with IMR 4831. I would post some images but not allowed yet.