PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Pa Shootout(NEW DATE***NEW LOCATION**SAME FUN)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

ranjan1
05-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Great day with good people. Had a blast killed some rocks and missed every can I shot at. Those that did not make ; really missed a great shoot

thomae
05-04-2013, 09:11 PM
I've got to echo the good things others have said. Today was a truly fun day.
For me, it was a whole lot of firsts.
I took my 6.5 swede that I just finished building and boresighting less than a week ago and with only 23 rounds of ammo based on a randomly selected load of what I had on hand, went from 25 yards out to around 1000 yards and was hitting what I was aiming at.

I had never shot that rifle before.
In fact, I had never shot anything at those distances except twice I've shot service rifle competitions out to 500 yards.

Thanks for Pdog06 for spearheading this and putting it all together.
Thanks to the rest of the guys present for their support and friendship.

Also thanks to DaveMuzz for convincing me that 6.5 swede was a good long distance caliber.

See you next time!

bythebook
05-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Just have to agree with everyone this was the best yet. Thanks to Mike and Dan for getting this together, the weather could not have been any better. Being able to shoot the longer ranges is a lot of fun and adds a lot to it. Thanks again and we had a lot of fun and enjoyed seeing friends again. Gordon

Balljoint
05-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Wish i was able to make it this year my brother bailed on me at last minute and wife will not leave her dogs as no motel would take three dogs [Max Two] and i need assistance to walk on unevan ground, so i am glad everyone had a good time by all.

Hersh5317
05-04-2013, 10:11 PM
And I'm still in meetings and have to clean my rifle yet. Glad you all had a great time.

viper9696
05-05-2013, 06:49 AM
By far the best yet. Great guys and great savages at 1000+ yrds. Poor spray paint cans, Shooting under 500 could get boring after yesterday
I want to thank Mike , berger bullets ,Egw and everyone that was there if we had bullets left I wish we could
have stayed all weekend!!! But we're all going to have to call Berger and get on the waiting list for those awesome bullets that are out of stock everywhere
I now its not a savage but those 190 vlds are incredible in my 300 rum!!

What do you guys think NEXT WEEKEND???? :-)

bythebook
05-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Dan thanks for getting me to shoot that 300, your right with that break it did not kick as much as my 25-06. That amazed me ! I would be willing to do it next weekend if I can get rested up this week. Ha Ha

scope eye
05-05-2013, 07:23 AM
Really sorry I missed that one, hopefully next year.

Dean

12fv 308
05-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Had a great day out with the Boy's.. I still say I hit the cans, but I guess they have to move??? Thank you Mike for the time and the great find. Thank you Doug for the advice, thank you Vince for the extra ammo... I will be busy this summer with my baby boy but hope to see everyone soon...
Pete

sniper15545
05-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Had a great day out with the Boy's.. I still say I hit the cans, but I guess they have to move??? Thank you Mike for the time and the great find. Thank you Doug for the advice, thank you Vince for the extra ammo... I will be busy this summer with my baby boy but hope to see everyone soon...
Pete

Like I told you at the shoot Pete Call any time!!!!!!! And good luck with the baby.

Doug

Balljoint
05-05-2013, 02:36 PM
Pictures, pictures, please, please!!!!!!

EFBell
05-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Just got home. Great weekend, great camping site, terrific range and especially great to see all the guys! Next year I hope to have a shiny new rig to set on the bench. Might be having a clearance sale soon to fund it. LOL...
Thanks for letting me bang some steel at 800 and 1000 yards guys...

pdog06
05-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Pictures, pictures, please, please!!!!!!

Pics cannot describe the fun we had. You just had to be there and experience it.

Not sure about anyone else, but i was so busy shooting the steel at all the different ranges that I only took 2 pictures.
-One was of Sniper15545 putting a 14"long pc of 4x4on end and using it as his rest to get the correct angle to hit the steel ram at 750yds with a lever action rifle with open sights.....LOL
-The other was a pic from the 1000yd target, looking back toward the shooting pavilions.

pdog06
05-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Ed,
I am really glad you still came over for half the day even though you were camping and brought no guns. It was good to see you again and you knew one of us would have you shooting something before long.

We need to get together again later this summer

bythebook
05-05-2013, 10:28 PM
Ed,

We need to get together again later this summer

I will 2'nd this and unless something happens I will be there with bells on.

ThorBird
05-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Yeah, that was fantastic. Great bunch of guys as usual. Maybe the fall for another shot at 1,100 yards? Hey, now we know we can shoot out that far at hit pretty small stuff. With our little old savages. Great luck with the baby Pete.

ranjan1
05-06-2013, 07:44 AM
Another shoot in October sounds really good, cool weather, changing leaves,good friends and a big pot of hot coffee only leads to great times and memories. Plus we get to shoot guns; it just doesn't get much better.

12fv 308
05-06-2013, 08:49 AM
Another shoot in October sounds really good, cool weather, changing leaves,good friends and a big pot of hot coffee only leads to great times and memories. Plus we get to shoot guns; it just doesn't get much better.October Might work for me.. My Wife said last night we should be back to normal by then...But I will give a 100% yes or no when and if a date is set..

bythebook
05-06-2013, 08:54 AM
12fv 308 with children you never get " back to normal " you just get used to the changes and unexpected worries. It is really worth it though.

12fv 308
05-06-2013, 09:21 AM
12fv 308 with children you never get " back to normal " you just get used to the changes and unexpected worries. It is really worth it though.

I understand what you are saying and agree 100% my wife and I are very happy. I just think she knows I need to get out from time to time(Spent a lot of time in the woods in my younger day's lol)