PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Pa Shootout(NEW DATE***NEW LOCATION**SAME FUN)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

12fv 308
04-06-2013, 09:22 AM
You might of gotten the last 4. I got a pound last month and had to have all my shooting buddies around the tri-state looking for it.
Last time at Cabela's picked up four one ponders of Varget and some ccI primers about six mounts ago

Balljoint
04-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Are we having HAT'S and TEE'S this year or did i miss the order thread

pdog06
04-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Sorry to say that we won't be doing a shirt order this year. There is just not enough time to get them done with the new shootout date. I guess I shouldve taken orders a couple months ago so we could have them on time but I was more worried about trying to fit in as many shooters as we could accommodate. Not to mention managing 2 youth baseball teams and working every other weekend has made time fly as of late. Hard to believe we only have 3 weeks till the shoot! I don't even have a 22-250 barrel for my spare target action yet....LOL

sniper15545
04-11-2013, 06:45 PM
Sorry to say that we won't be doing a shirt order this year. There is just not enough time to get them done with the new shootout date. I guess I shouldve taken orders a couple months ago so we could have them on time but I was more worried about trying to fit in as many shooters as we could accommodate. Not to mention managing 2 youth baseball teams and working every other weekend has made time fly as of late. Hard to believe we only have 3 weeks till the shoot! I don't even have a 22-250 barrel for my spare target action yet....LOL

We Mike let me help you out with your dilemma, You could always sell me the "EXTRA" target action, For a reasonable price, Then you wouldn't be troubled with finding a barrel.

Your Buddy Doug Always looking out for you!

12fv 308
04-11-2013, 07:35 PM
That's ok mike, as long as you are ok. That and you are going to raffle off that extra action, right?

Balljoint
04-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Will there be a Shoot off Decal
What extra action????

12fv 308
04-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Will there be a Shoot off Decal
What extra action????
If mike didn't have time to do the shirts I think decals are out too... Last year mike was nice enough to make them and was stuck with a lot of them. Just come out and enjoy the day....

pdog06
04-12-2013, 06:19 AM
I will have about 50 stickers that were left over from last year that will be available. The year on the logo is written at the bottom and can just be trimmed off and you still have the rest of the bolthead logo. I planned ahead cause i knew i would probably not sell them all last year.

Big Old Boy
04-12-2013, 04:58 PM
pdog I sent you a pm but did not here from you. my group will not make it this year so you now have another bench open.

pdog06
04-13-2013, 08:44 AM
pdog I sent you a pm but did not here from you. my group will not make it this year so you now have another bench open.

Oops. I did get your pm and I know I typed one out to send back to you but I guess i forgot to hit send...LOL That kind of stuff seems to be happening more and more lately...LOL

We will miss you guys this year. I was looking forward to seeing those lapuas !

ThorBird
04-17-2013, 09:31 AM
I have had my head up my ass, or I should say, I have been busy trying to fight this crazy fascist ny gov. and his madness and been very active in organizing for events up here and have completely missed this. I need to get signed on and get a check to you Mike, I have to get a 1,000 yard gun ready to. Wow. I have to get on the ball here. Count me in.

12fv 308
04-17-2013, 01:11 PM
New Jersey is not any better!! And I cant find reloading supply's anywere. And when you do Find something they want double or more over retail. But I will push on and fight the good fight..
I have had my head up my ass, or I should say, I have been busy trying to fight this crazy fascist ny gov. and his madness and been very active in organizing for events up here and have completely missed this. I need to get signed on and get a check to you Mike, I have to get a 1,000 yard gun ready to. Wow. I have to get on the ball here. Count me in.

ThorBird
04-17-2013, 02:15 PM
Nyorkistan is worse than anywhere in the US right now, Hier Cuomo and his Nazi's are on the march.

Freepistol
04-17-2013, 10:09 PM
Geez, guys, count me out. My daughter is coming in from DE and I have to do some service work on her car. I haven't gotten any Creedmoor dies yet, either, so it would have been hard for me to get some rounds loaded. I really wanted to try my new barrel at 500 yds.

I hope all of you have a GREAT time!
Ben

pdog06
04-19-2013, 08:29 AM
Vince dont worry about the check right now. At this point i dont even know who is still coming. Ive gotten pm's from 6-7 people on one day saying they are and some on the next day saying they arent. I was trying to be fair to everyone and not make everyone pay in advance but now that i see people bailing at the last minute i shoulda went thru with it i guess. Another lesson learned!

The dues for the shoot will now be about $20 each for those who decide to show up and arent afraid to drive a couple hours. I will collect money from everyone before anyone starts shooting.

Just a note to all, I am sorry that we cannot have a shoot in some of your back yards!(Actually that would be a good idea if someone has a big enough yard...LOL) Nobody had an issue when I booked this range, but i have since gotten pm's about it being too far, no hotels, etc.(the same hotels you have been using in the past are only an hour away from this range!!!) Look, I have been driving 3 hours each way to every shoot we have had so far and it has been worth every bit of it. Thorbird has been driving even farther and i think he agrees it is worth it. This range is actually a farther drive for myself and thorbird so that is not why i changed the location!!!!! I changed it mainly based on the responses i received for gaining farther shooting distances. I hope some of you reconsider if this was your reson for not coming. Thanks.

Balljoint
04-19-2013, 09:53 AM
I PM you last night as i am having back trouble and need surgery to fix it right there is no way i can come with out help brother is tided up and wife won't put dogs ( Three Pom's) in kennel and no motel's will take dogs that could find and trying to make it a day trip won't work.

12fv 308
04-19-2013, 10:40 AM
I PM you last night as i am having back trouble and need surgery to fix it right there is no way i can come with out help brother is tided up and wife won't put dogs ( Three Pom's) in kennel and no motel's will take dogs that could find and trying to make it a day trip won't work.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but, You didn't think of this before you said you were going?

12fv 308
04-19-2013, 10:48 AM
Vince dont worry about the check right now. At this point i dont even know who is still coming. Ive gotten pm's from 6-7 people on one day saying they are and some on the next day saying they arent. I was trying to be fair to everyone and not make everyone pay in advance but now that i see people bailing at the last minute i shoulda went thru with it i guess. Another lesson learned!

The dues for the shoot will now be about $20 each for those who decide to show up and arent afraid to drive a couple hours. I will collect money from everyone before anyone starts shooting.

Just a note to all, I am sorry that we cannot have a shoot in some of your back yards!(Actually that would be a good idea if someone has a big enough yard...LOL) Nobody had an issue when I booked this range, but i have since gotten pm's about it being too far, no hotels, etc.(the same hotels you have been using in the past are only an hour away from this range!!!) Look, I have been driving 3 hours each way to every shoot we have had so far and it has been worth every bit of it. Thorbird has been driving even farther and i think he agrees it is worth it. This range is actually a farther drive for myself and thorbird so that is not why i changed the location!!!!! I changed it mainly based on the responses i received for gaining farther shooting distances. I hope some of you reconsider if this was your reson for not coming. Thanks.

$20 to shoot all day and talk to a great bunch of people? No way, Im out LOL...I have been driving about 3hr's as well, was it a long day, sure it was, but worth it... After shooting for a hour at 300 yards what else is there to do? But 25 to 1000yards, that's all day fun. You did the right thing Mike.. At this point in America with our Sport under attack we should be standing together and drive anywere to show we love our sport. Like I said Mike, unless my wife goes into Labor My friend and I will be there... Again, Thank you Mike for taking time and setting all this up every year...Pete

Hersh5317
04-19-2013, 01:30 PM
I wish I could go, but I'll be at FTIG on a m249 Qual range. I'm suffering here and will still be suffering that weekend. Somebody willing to take my place? If only it were that simple... I hope the benches fill up and people have a great time. I'm still looking forward to my first Savage Shoot.

ThorBird
04-20-2013, 10:29 PM
This wouldn't happen with out you taking it on every year Mike. It is always a great time, and I sure look forward to it every year. Never regreted going to it. It is the only chance that I usually have to see most of these guys all year. We always have a load of laughs. I am excited to shoot at 1K, although I don't have a **** thing together to try an do it right now except for my little 6brx. If I hit anything at 1K, I'll get a kick out of it.