PDA

View Full Version : After Market Trigger for early 110

URAOK
01-17-2013, 02:31 AM
New member from South Texas. I'm a deer, hog and predator hunter who acts as a guide for his grandchildren.

I have been looking everywhere for an after maket trigger for my left hand Savage 110 that I bought in the in the early 60's.
I read the artical in this fourm on how to adjuset the early 110 trigger and I have have done that.
I guess Timney has gotten me spoiled.
Thanks ahead of time.

LHitchcox
01-17-2013, 06:38 AM
I don't think one is available. When I called Savage about mine about 10 years ago, they referred me to a former employee who said that it was possible to machine the receiver to accept the newer triggers. That was more trouble (and cost) than I wanted so I just tuned the existing trigger and called it good. I have long since lost the man's phone number and am not even sure he is still alive.

URAOK
01-17-2013, 10:26 AM
Thank you very much for your quick responce to my question.

I was afraid that was would be the case. Ten years ago you say. I will call Savage and ask them if he still alive and in business. Hopefuly he was a young inspiring gunsmith who decided to go out on his on. This rifle was my first hunting rifle and I would very much like to pass it on to my grandkids.

I knew that this fourm could help me.

Again thank you.

J.Baker
01-17-2013, 02:05 PM
All of the aftermarket triggers are designed around the newer style and aren't compatible with the old-style trigger setup. Not only is the machining on the action a little different, but the total height of the trigger assembly is different. If you were to take a newer 110 stock and bolt it onto your barreled action, your trigger would only stick out about 1/2 the total depth of the trigger guard. If you try to put a newer barreled action in your older stock it won't seat as the trigger shoe will hit the trigger guard before the action seats in the stock.

LHitchcox
01-17-2013, 07:26 PM
Thank you very much for your quick responce to my question.

I was afraid that was would be the case. Ten years ago you say. I will call Savage and ask them if he still alive and in business. Hopefuly he was a young inspiring gunsmith who decided to go out on his on. This rifle was my first hunting rifle and I would very much like to pass it on to my grandkids.

I knew that this fourm could help me.

Again thank you.

Actually he was an old retired guy.