PDA

View Full Version : Lettering a vintage Savage firearm

Mad Dog
01-15-2013, 10:19 PM
Here's the ordering info if you would like to get your old Savage firearm lettered by the historian, it's well worth it, you will usually get a letter stating what your gun left the factory as, when it was accepted at the factory and where it went to when it left the factory, as well as some standard descriptions of your firearm.

EDITED: From Mr. Callahan himself:

Effective this week I have retired as historian for Savage, Steven and A.H. Fox. Thank you all for your inquiries over the years. I am pleased to have gotten to know many of you at Fests or personally.

Going forward, you will be able to continue to have your Savage firearms researched. The records are going back to Savage and you may send your inquiries to Savage Arms, Historical Information, 100 Springdale Rd., Westfield, MA. 01085

Signing off and Thank you. John T. Callahan

Sav22
10-26-2016, 07:47 PM
John Callahan recently (today 10-26-2016 or yesterday) posted on another web site that he is no longer Savage Historian and all the records are going back to Savage Arms and all inquiries from now on should go to them - http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11529082/Announcement#Post11529082

Mad Dog
10-28-2016, 08:18 PM
Thanks Gene, I'm going to edit the top of the page as well just in case members don't make it down the page this far.

Sav22
10-28-2016, 11:18 PM
I didn't know how soon you would be able to edit it if you were still working, remember there is also one in the vintage pistols forum that needs to be updated. I have seen his contact information in some other places, it could be a mess for awhile if people do not get current information.

Mad Dog
10-30-2016, 07:01 PM
Good call, thanks for reminding me.