PDA

View Full Version : Accutrigger from 220 to 111?

JDBrink
01-15-2013, 01:05 PM
I am a new member on here and have a question for you all. I bought a Savage 220 for deer hunting. It has the accutrigger which is really nice. I just bought a 111 in .30-06 and it does not have the accutrigger.

Can I put the 220 accutrigger in the 111? Or is it better to adjust the 111? Buy an aftermarket trigger?

Thanks for your help.

J.Baker
01-15-2013, 01:20 PM
I would just get an aftermarket trigger as they're all right at or just under $100.

Nandy
01-16-2013, 07:51 PM
I cannot vouch for this but there are a few that say that the stock trigger can be worked on then adjusted to almost the same quality of the rifle basix sav-2. I replaced my stock trigger with the sav-2 and I am very happy. If you are a hunter and occasional target shooter it might be worth it for you to do the trigger job. If you are a serious target shooter the aftermarket trigger is probably the way to go.

J.Baker
01-16-2013, 08:37 PM
Just because you buy an aftermarket trigger doesn't mean you have to get the lightest one or adjust it as low as it will go. My recommendation was based on the idea that he'd end up switching the AT back and forth between the two guns depending on what season it was which would be a lot of extra work AND creates a lot of opportunities to improperly adjust it and result in a potentially unsafe situation. Why go through all that hassle when an aftermarket trigger is relatively cheap?

Nandy
01-16-2013, 10:16 PM
Just because you buy an aftermarket trigger doesn't mean you have to get the lightest one or adjust it as low as it will go. My recommendation was based on the idea that he'd end up switching the AT back and forth between the two guns depending on what season it was which would be a lot of extra work AND creates a lot of opportunities to improperly adjust it and result in a potentially unsafe situation. Why go through all that hassle when an aftermarket trigger is relatively cheap?

Not sure I follow you. I am not advising him to get the most sensitive trigger and how to set it. I just shared what trigger I had, what trigger I have now and how good it worked at a very low adjustment without much problem. I also pointed out that many have adjusted the stock non-accutrigger and are very satisfied.
I dont think his intentions are to swap the trigger depending on needs, maybe I missed that. I dont change the adjustment on my trigger, it is set to 8oz whatever I am target shooting or hunting. It will be tedious to do so.

JDBrink
01-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the replies. I was thinking of switching the AT back and forth. I don't mind the heavier stock trigger but it would be nice to have something lighter.