PDA

View Full Version : Boyds Varmint Thumbhole and DBM?

ginnz
01-13-2013, 06:09 PM
Hi guys, I have a Savage Model 12 (.308) in a Boyds lightweight varmint thumbhole stock, blindmag. I would like to get a DBM kit so i can use a 10 round magazine, and am wondering if the CDI, or Accurate-Mag DBM kit will fit the Boyd's stock. I plan n doing the inletting myself. Any help is appreciated.
ginnz.

J.Baker
01-14-2013, 03:08 AM
Either will fit if the stock is inlet to accept them.

ginnz
01-14-2013, 04:33 PM
the stock as/is right now is a blind mag config. There is no hole in the bottom. The savage Model 12 .308 i have is blind mag. i can load 5 rounds, but have to cycle them through the action to remove them, i want to add bottom metal kit as to use a magazine....

J.Baker
01-14-2013, 05:33 PM
I understand that completely, as well as your original question as to whether a stock originally designed as a blind-magazine stock can be converted/inlet to accept the referenced DBM hardware. As I said above, the answer is yes - if you inlet the stock to accept the hardware. You could inlet a 2x4 to accept a barreled action and DBM setup if you really wanted to.

Of course how well it will fit/look/work in the end will be dependent on your ability to accurately and correctly do the inletting.

ginnz
01-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Good, I wasn't sure if maybe the boyd's stock would be too narrow to accept DBM hardware.

Thanks,

Ginnz.