PDA

View Full Version : Question about a 110 long action I saw yesterday .

Fast1
01-12-2013, 02:12 PM
Was at a local pawn shop yesterday and saw a Savage in stainless and black syn. stock.
The place has a small room approx. 8'x8' with guns packed on three wall's. One row on the floor on the three walls and a top row the same way. Really a pain to get to the guns pas the first 2 rows. Probably 100 -125 guns in the room.
So here are the details of what I could see of about the gun. It's a long action. Stainless action and barrel. Heavy fluted barrel. Stock black syn that has no floor plate or clip
square bottom and sides. Recoil pad is about 1/4"-1/2" thick. And was told it is a 300 Win. Mag. I could see that it had the factory savage stampings/words on it with the flashlight I had to use to look at it. I could reach the gun to tell if it had a flat rear scope mount or if it was a rounded rear. And the barrel looked to be 26"

So what do you think I was looking at , since the "Gun guy" wasn't there at the time to help. It looked like a factory brushed stainless gun with the factory barrel , But I never seen a Savage in this configuration . And do you think it's worth the $400 asking price ?

Thanks for any info on this.

jibben
01-12-2013, 04:58 PM
Savage did flute some barrels a few years back. No idea on the model number any more. the 300 was one of them.

redman
01-12-2013, 10:12 PM
I would say its a good deal so far until you get a closer look. Does it have the accutrigger? My stategy at pawn shops is to always ask if they will take less forit. I would just say "will you take 350 for it". A lot of the time they'll say yes or meet you half way at 375.