PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Rascal stock upgrade?

CRAMER
01-11-2013, 05:04 AM
This may have been covered but I havent seen it. I bought my 6 year old daughter a rascal to upgrade from her bb gun. Does it use the same action size as any other model? What I am thinking is as she grows I could put a longer stock on it. I know nothing of savage rimfires so forgive me if this is a fantasy.

CRAMER
01-15-2013, 03:35 PM
Hmmm

J.Baker
01-15-2013, 05:45 PM
Honestly I couldn't tell you as I've never even seen or handled a Rascal. However, if you have a dial caliper and know how to use it, you could compare the rascal's dimensions to the one's given in this article.

http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?148-Mark-II-93R-Old-v-New-E-Receiver-Differences

3rdgeargrndrr
05-06-2013, 09:34 PM
these were my thoughts exactly, I have two rascal rifles that I would hope to upgrade as my kids grew. The ereceivers are larger than the rascal, the rascal receiver is 5.57" long, nowhere near the 7.75" of the mkii. No matter what happens, I don't think I will ever sell them.They are great little shooters

Jeeps
01-17-2014, 10:03 AM
My grand daughter has a Rascal and loves it, but the length of pull is alittle short now as she has grown. I have been looking around for a new stock. After reading alot of posts on various forums I realized there weren't any options - or are there..... I found a company that makes an option out of billet aluminum via CNC process and has options for aluminum or carbon fiber stock. They market it for pack packers, as it breaks down easily and is light. This can be found here http://www.zrtacticalsolutions.com/viewitem.php?productid=60 I didn't like the tube stock so I contacted them and inquired if they could make a one off with an AR-15 style adjustable stock. They replied to my email and said YES. I would imagine if others have a need, you should contact them and maybe they will add it to their product line. They can be contated at ZRTS <sales@zrtacticalsolutions.com>

big honkin jeep
01-17-2014, 08:07 PM
Nice,
I was going to suggest gaining a little by adding a small slip on recoil pad.
a wooden spacer and some longer screws may also be an option.