PDA

View Full Version : Pistol: My good deed for the day

Pathfinder
01-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Headed to the grocery store today and passed a garage sale. From my truck, I spotted an RCBS loading press on one of the tables, so I stopped to look. Scattered loading stuff, mostly worn out. Nothing I needed. And there was a box of old toy guns. The metal ones, not the new plastic crap. I'm not a toy gun person, but some of the old toys are collectible. In the meantime, I'm chatting with the women running the sale. Apparently, this stuff is all her late father's stuff. There had been some guns, but the sold them to the local gun shop. She just didn't want guns around. They made her nervous. Even toy guns.

Then I found one weird little toy gun. Asked here what she wanted for it. She told me it was her father's favorite toy. He kept it on his desk and was always playing with it. Would Twenty dollars be too much? No, it wouldn't. I paid her and left with my new toy gun.

Now I will be the first to admit that at a single glance, it looks like a toy gun...

This lady had a Savage model 101 pistol for sale in a box of toy guns where anyone could have bought it, including some kid, because she didn't know what it was. Hell, I had to look at it twice before I figured out what I was looking at. I've never seen one before.

I figure I did the world a favor by getting it away from someone who didn't like guns, keeping it out of the hands of some little kid, and adding it to my collection.

So, here's my new $20 single shot pistol...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/huhwhat/IMG_6064-small.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/huhwhat/IMG_6063-small.jpg

Mad Dog
01-07-2013, 05:31 PM
Haha, thats the best story I've heard in a long time.

Ain't it nice when you get a deal!

You'll have some fun with that little shooter.

Stockrex
01-07-2013, 06:04 PM
don't forget to follow any crazy state laws about handgun purchase....

Pathfinder
01-07-2013, 07:02 PM
There, thankfully, are no crazy state laws in Arizona about private sales of guns. I may get out to shoot it in the next day, or two.