PDA

View Full Version : 12FV Difference

olsmokey
01-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Was at Bass Pro the other day and they had a 12FV 223 in the close out rack. [It was the stagered feed model] Picked it up and noticed that when you close the bolt, it will automatically pull itself down as soon as you start to lock it. When I got home I checked my 12FV [center feed] and it doesn't do that. Did they change something? I also noticed they changed the tupper ware. The new one has a bigger overmolded beavertail type forend that is flat on the bottom. Not like a ramline stock. Maybe the people at Savage have been listening to you guys.

LG
01-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Did the rifle have a trigger lock on it? Sometimes those rifles on the rack have a trigger lock installed in such a way that the trigger is kept depressed all the time. You feel the bolt "pull itself down" when you close it because the sear doesn't engage the trigger, and the firing pin drops.

olsmokey
01-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Yes it did. I just checked my rifle and your right, with the safe off and trigger pulled it does the same thing when cycling the bolt. Now if I can just get them down another 100 bucks. thanks Dave

ctrout
01-07-2010, 11:08 PM
What do they have it marked at now?

olsmokey
01-08-2010, 11:25 AM
They want $549 for it. When you can get the new model for $500 at Wally World.