PDA

View Full Version : Model 10 Precision Carbine questions

338X
01-05-2013, 12:38 AM
I'm new to this forum. I just purchased a new model 10 Precision Carbine in 308. That's the model with 20 inch barrel, threaded muzzle, Accutrigger, detachable magazine and Accustock. It has not been delivered yet. I have these questions:
1- is the barrel a small or large shank?
2- can it be converted to 300 WSM? Hence I change the bolt face and magazine. I want to either buy the new barrel or re-chamber the existing.

Thanks!

darkker
01-05-2013, 01:52 AM
1 - I believe Small shank
2 - CAN, but the WSM family is typically on the LS actions, that are CRF with a fixed ejector blade in the action.

338X
01-09-2013, 10:49 PM
1 - I believe Small shank
2 - CAN, but the WSM family is typically on the LS actions, that are CRF with a fixed ejector blade in the action.
Is there a way around this ejector blade?

big honkin jeep
01-10-2013, 02:03 PM
I know we are all a bunch of tinkers here but I would highly recommend you shoot it before making any changes. If it shoots as well as mine does (One hole with handloaded Amax s and Varget, typically groups in the .1s and .2s) then you will be looking elsewhere for a donor:)

338X
01-10-2013, 07:16 PM
I know we are all a bunch of tinkers here but I would highly recommend you shoot it before making any changes. If it shoots as well as mine does (One hole with handloaded Amax s and Varget, typically groups in the .1s and .2s) then you will be looking elsewhere for a donor:)
For sure the existing barrel on it will be a keeper. I just want to have a switch barrel gun. BTW, what is your load (bullet weight and gr of Varget)? COAL? Cheers!