PDA

View Full Version : Model 11 Trigger

qlfarm
01-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Hello all:

I have a model 11 in .223. I can't stand the trigger anymore.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to rework the factory trigger? Am I better off just looking for an after market one? I have been searching for a Timney but can't seem to find one for this model. I have never messed with a trigger before so detailed steps are required.

Thanks,

Pat

82boy
01-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Welcome to the site,Pat.
Your Model 11 uses the same trigger as ANY of the Savage center fire 110 line up. The next question is: is it a accu-trigger or the old style trigger? If you look in the FAQs section of this site there is instruction on how to adjust the old style trigger. http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,19414.0.html
Also the search function will give you lots of information on past threads related to your questions.

qlfarm
01-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Thank you for the fast reply.

I am sure it isn't an accu-trigger. It is just a plain old stock trigger with a lot of creep and it feels like 20 pounds of pull.

I will try the adjustment that you linked and see if I can improve it. If not I will go with the Timney. I was looking specifically for the Model 11 when looking for a trigger and couldn't find it; I now understand why.

Thanks again for the info and the welcome.

Pat

wapaloose
01-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Here is a link that works, http://www.varminthunters.com/tech/savage/

psharon97
01-07-2010, 07:16 PM
another trigger i would recommend is the SSS competition trigger. the cost was about $95 to your door. When I was researching triggers, I found that the SSS triggers were a lot better than other brands, and were surprisingly cheaper.

82boy
01-08-2010, 01:00 AM
another trigger i would recommend is the SSS competition trigger. the cost was about $95 to your door. When I was researching triggers, I found that the SSS triggers were a lot better than other brands, and were surprisingly cheaper.

I agree 100%

qlfarm
01-08-2010, 09:45 AM
Thanks again for the links! I am going to give reworking a try and see how it goes. If I screw it up too much I can always get the aftermarket trigger.

See ya,

Pat