PDA

View Full Version : Northland called

druid w/stick
01-04-2013, 02:12 PM
My order has shipped.
1) Savage stainless varmint action, with all the parts and pieces that come with it.
2) CBI 26"- small shank, lite varmint, 1/9, .243 win., stainless match barrel.
3) NSS precision machined, small shank, stainless barrel nut.
4) NSS precision ground, heavy duty recoil lug.
5) A new cap for my wheeler action wrench, to fit the newer 4.4 actions.

Jeff, at CDI, is inletting a choate tactical, short action centerfeed (4.4sp.) stock for his bottom metal. This is a blind mag. style that he buys. Believes a better job can be done, rather than reworking one already inletted for the savage DBM.
To go along with stock and bottom metal, I'm getting a 10 rd "AICS" mag. also. Jeff has done 3 stocks for me already. Very pleased with his work.
I'm planning on using a Vortex Viper PST 4x16x50 -30mm scope that I have on my .260. It has EBR-1MRAD illuminated recticle.
I'm excited. Thanks for looking
Greg

Willoughby
01-04-2013, 02:52 PM
after you get it assembled
post some pics & a range report
thanks for sharing !

Txhillbilly
01-05-2013, 11:47 AM
I just mailed Jim a money order yesterday for the same action.
I'll finally get my 6.5 Creedmoor put together.

druid w/stick
01-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Nice people at Northland. Thought about Creedmoor, but have .260 so going with .243.
Planning on dropping length to 24" and having it threaded for suppressor. Also thinking about fluted bolt and bolt head from PTG.
I'm going to dura coat the entire rifle once I can decide. Nothing fancy, just something to knock down the shine for the woods. May send it to hoosier gun coat in Bloomington, IN. Just short drive from home.
It'll be awhile for pictures.

johnny-bravo
01-05-2013, 07:58 PM
I called Northland 2 weeks ago, left message with a lady about a barrel i was looking to get, she took message and that was it......... no call back
Does it normally take this long? or is there a secret knock or handshake im not in on.......cause i would like to give some of my money away :) (to northland, not you savages)

druid w/stick
01-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Took me a couple days to get thru. Jim said they were totally swamped. Plus the 2 holidays. Call until you get to speak to Jim and do'nt wait for call back. I'm sure he wants help everybody.
good luck

airdale
01-06-2013, 09:06 AM
I just mailed Jim a money order yesterday for the same action.
I'll finally get my 6.5 Creedmoor put together.

Must be something going around. Recieved the action from Jim about a week ago waiting on the 24" CBI barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor.
Going to order a laminate stock from SSS.

Txhillbilly
01-06-2013, 10:30 PM
I called Northland 2 weeks ago, left message with a lady about a barrel i was looking to get, she took message and that was it......... no call back
Does it normally take this long? or is there a secret knock or handshake im not in on.......cause i would like to give some of my money away :) (to northland, not you savages)

It took me several calls just to get through,and Jim's wife took my name and #. Within an hour he called me back,and took my order.

Must be something going around. Recieved the action from Jim about a week ago waiting on the 24" CBI barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor.
Going to order a laminate stock from SSS.

I've had my barrel for several month's,I just couldn't decide if I was going to change it out with one of my present rifles,or build a new one.
I'll probably just use the Choate Tactical stock that my 10FCP resides in until I decide on the stock I want.
I love the Manners,but don't want to invest that much in a stock right now. Gotta save up for the Nightforce scope now!

BRIAN G
01-07-2013, 01:14 PM
+1 for the just call every couple hours til you get Jim on the phone personally. Once you get him, you won't regret it.
I'm waiting for "the call" on my .223 1-9 CBI as we speak. To kill time while I'm waiting, I'm getting set up to reload 9mm since it appears that the world ammo supply will never return to normal. Good luck on the build.

johnny-bravo
01-09-2013, 11:24 PM
I would like to state that since my post Jim has made a valiant effort to contact me, not one..... but twice!!! With as busy as everyone says he is that speaks Volumes for his character. I wanted to post this as i was not in any way saying anything negative about him or his business conduct. I just knew he must be busy and I didnt wanna keep calling and bothering the man, I know first hand what its like to have the same people bug the piss out of you till you no longer wanna deal with them. I figured once he slowed down he would gimme a call, although the thought of a secret handshake would have been entertaining :)

Txhillbilly
01-10-2013, 12:14 AM
Good to hear J.B.
He called me today and informed me he received my payment,and shipped out my new action today. It should be at my dealer on Monday,but it will be next Wednesday before I can go get it.