PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Mark II Questions

sdwohiosavage
01-04-2013, 05:57 AM
I just got a used Mark II. It's the F model I believe. My wife bought it for me for Christmas from friends of ours and he is out on a river boat now.

I guess I could do hours of research or just ask people who know! Sorry guys ,I know the info is here or somewhere on the web.

He could not find the mag for this gun so 1st thing I need to do is make sure I order the right one online. Are all Mark II Mags the same??? I've gotten confused and want to be sure. Should I get a Stainless steal or Plastic Mag?? I don't mind paying a little more if worth it.

Can you all help me out with info about this gun? I'm a 1st time Savage owner and have not even fired it yet but already like it.

I need to know what Magazines to buy mainly but also would like any Info or good links to info on the gun. I think it will be a nice one so want to know how to do a basic breakdown and clean too.

I don't know it's age or anything but looks like new. I could give SN if needed.

THANKS VERY MUCH

J.Baker
01-04-2013, 09:46 PM
All Savage Mark II magazines are interchangeable. No plastic option, but there the choice of blackened metal or stainless steel. Also have the choice of a 5 or 10 round.

sdwohiosavage
01-06-2013, 03:56 AM
Thanks MrFurious..

sdwohiosavage
01-10-2013, 05:26 AM
One more quick question. Are the Black ones made of Stainless Steal too??

J.Baker
01-10-2013, 08:02 AM
Nope, blued chrome-moly

sdwohiosavage
01-11-2013, 06:22 AM
Nope, blued chrome-moly Ok thanks very much. Makes me want to order the stainless and maybe give it a very very light spray of black primer. I'd leave the business end alone by blue taping or whatever looks necessary. I just might want to blacken it a little.

One more question!! Can I dry fire this or is it a bad idea?? What's the de-cock method ??

I just want to know all I can about this little rifle before I go assuming. Never owned a Savage before but I can tell it should be a nice one to have!
I've got some pdf targets to print and some sandbags to prop on so I hope to post what she will do with just iron sights soon!

sdwohiosavage
01-12-2013, 06:54 AM
Thanks Mr.
Thinking I might want the stainless steal even though this rifle is not SS. Maybe I could blue tape the business end and give it a very very light spray with black primer. Might be a bad idea.

Another Question : Is it ok to dry fire the MKII ? I have not had time to do alot of research yet.

JCalhoun
01-14-2013, 08:44 PM
I don't recommend dry firing a rimfire. The firing pin can possibly strike the barrel breech and get damaged over time. If you want to simulate firing it use a plastic dummy cartridge or a fired case.

Note, this doesn't apply to centerfires.