PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Issues Model 10 Predator Hunter Max 1 .223

SlimySquirrel
01-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Hi guys,

I have been loving the accuracy out of my Savage, shoots real nice with the Fiocchi SP 55Gr but it is having Feeding issues.

Pretty Much refused to feed the Hollow Point Federal American Eagle Rounds and every now and then it shoves a round up too far when feeding.

This is pretty Blimmin annoying as you can imagine. The Mag is in Tight, it's brand new and has not been stored with rounds in it...

Anybody else suffer this same issue?

J.Baker
01-03-2013, 12:01 AM
Let me guess...the tip of the bullet is hitting the face of the barrel right below the chamber hole. This is because they're hollow points and don't have that nice pointy or rounded tip to help guide them into the rather small chamber hole.

The fix is to tweak the magazine feed lips with a pair of needle nose pliers so the nose of the round sits up a little higher. Common issue with the smaller 0.378" bodied cases (17 Rem, 204 Ruger, 223 Rem, etc) and HP bullets. Other option is to just not shoot hollow points. lol

SlimySquirrel
01-03-2013, 01:06 AM
Ha!
I did try the Fiocchi but it still had the same issue but a little less say, 2 out of every 5.

I'll give the mag a wee tweak...it's a proper pain in the @ss!!!

SlimySquirrel
01-26-2013, 11:12 PM
I took to the Mag with a pair of pliers opening up the "Lips" a little to allow the rounds to sit a touch higher when being fed.

Did a quick test last night of about 15 rounds floowed by a few more this morning and it performed flawlessly!

Next to try the HP's and see if they are working also..would be good if they are as I have a good "Recipe" from a few members here!