PDA

View Full Version : Savage 10 pre accutrigger question

Willoughby
01-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Savage 10 pre accutrigger for sale localy
package scope - tupperware stock with a steel DBM for cheap
but if it dont have the accutrigger is it a 4.40 action ?
and could I put a accu-trigger on it ?

jpdown
01-02-2013, 03:41 PM
No, if it is an older Savage 10, then you can not put an Accutrigger on it. If it has the old 3-screw trigger, then it does allow for adjustment as described in articles on this forum. Most likely it has the 4.27" staggerfeed bolt spacing. If it has a 4.41" hole spacing, then it is a non-Accutrigger center feed action with DBM.

stangfish
01-02-2013, 03:44 PM
The style of DBM tells you a lot. If it looks like this it is a centerfeed. (4.4)

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa469/RedAV8R/308%20LR%20Savage/IMG_0002.jpg

J.Baker
01-02-2013, 04:08 PM
There's some mis-information here so I just want to clarify a few things.

1. The AccuTrigger can be retro-fitted to pre-AccuTrigger Model 10/110's - at least those made after 1966. You might have to change/modify the trigger bracket a little as Savage did make a small change to it to accommodate the AT, but it's nothing major. Personally I wouldn't bother - much easier to put in a quality aftermarket trigger that gives you more adjustability and a much better feel.

2. The AccuTrigger came out in 2002 - a full three years before the release of the centerfeed magazine system in 2005, and the short-action screw spacing changed at the same time (2005) to accommodate the DBM/HFP options offered in the new system. Additionally, the centerfeed magazines were phased in over a 2-year period, so there are plenty of AccuTrigger guns out there with the old screw spacing and staggered feed magazines.

3. There are non-AccuTrigger centerfeed models out there (4.40" screw spacing) - most of which were special orders by large distributors and/or [more recently] select factory package guns where the AT was omitted to lower the retail price.

Willoughby
01-02-2013, 05:01 PM
I went back out there & its a round rear receiver & it is 4.40 spacing
just no accu-trigger

jpdown
01-02-2013, 07:19 PM
I got one of the special distributor non-Accutrigger bargins recently since I already had a SSS competition trigger to use as a replacement. It was a heck of a deal on a stainless steel action with side bolt release. The non-AT factory pull measured 4.5 lbs out of the box. I was not impressed with the design and quality of the trigger. I'd spend a little extra and get a model with the Accutrigger or figure in the cost of getting a quality aftermarket trigger to replace it.