PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell Elite 6500 Tactical Scope 4.5x30x50 ???

Txhillbilly
01-07-2010, 12:20 AM
Does anyone here have any experience/opinions with these scopes? I'm debating on this scope and a couple others. I'm wanting to stay under 1k on the optics,and will be putting it on the new 110 FLP 25/06 I just ordered.

dcloco
01-07-2010, 01:03 AM
Some have had problems with warranty on Bushnell scopes.

Personally, for under a grand....Leupold VX3 LR or a Zeiss Conquest.

geargrinder
01-07-2010, 01:30 AM
I like mine. Have no complaints, other than I wish I would have gotten the tactical turrets.

Someone was selling one on longrangehunting for $575 a couple days ago.

lwink
01-07-2010, 02:26 PM
I have the Elite 4200 Tactical, which has the same glass just less magnification, and I really like it. Seems very clear, I like the fact that you can use mil dots on 3 different mag powers, and the turrets are very large, grippy, and seem to have very solid clicks in weather from Texas hot to 15 degrees. No problems yet. I have looked through better glass I believe, but none for anywhere near the $550 I got this scope for. For $1000 you really have some options... if you're set on that 6500 model I think you'll be happy, but make sure to explore some leupys, zeiss, sightron sIII, and check out the swfa sample list too, may find a good deal on there for something that suits your fancy.

Txhillbilly
01-08-2010, 12:13 PM
I'm not set on the 6500 Elite,but I have looked through several of them and they are as clear and bright as a Conquest and quite a bit brighter than a VX III 6.5x20x50LR Leupold. I would love to get another Swarovski,but I doubt I will ever find another for the price I got my last one for.
I just have never been a fan of Leupold,I have had a couple over the years and they are way over priced for what you get,IMO. I have some Nikon Monarch's that are decent,but they lack adjustment range of other scopes that I'm looking at.

I have also found the Bushnell Elite 6500 Tactical for $699 and that makes it a even better deal.

2recon
01-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Have one on a LRPV 6mm br..great glass, holds poi, all kinds of adjustment and a lifetime guarantee was ranked on a post on ss w/ niteforce & leupold vx-7..for a lot less money