PDA

View Full Version : Target model Accu-trigger

aimatit
12-31-2012, 09:40 AM
I would like to purchase on of the 6 oz+ Accu triggers for a 110 BA action. Does NSS have these ? Or can the 1 1/2 lb model be tweaked to have less pull weight? Thanks for any help

jpdown
12-31-2012, 12:31 PM
I don't beleive the target Accutrigger will work on a on a standard Savage action. Purhasing a simple varmint Accutrigger spring will allow you to safely adjust down to around 1.5 lbs verses about 2 lbs with the standard Accutrigger spring. An aftermarket trigger will safely adjust a little lower. My SSS Competition trigger safely adjust to around 18 oz. The SSS Evolution trigger is the best option for a competition rifle, but requires installation with a T&T job.

jglover_81
12-31-2012, 01:44 PM
What makes the target accutrigger special is the sear that is on the target action. Without the sear the red blade accutrigger is the same as the varmint accutrigger.

pdog06
01-02-2013, 08:25 PM
What makes the target accutrigger special is the sear that is on the target action. Without the sear the red blade accutrigger is the same as the varmint accutrigger.

+1

The triggers themselves are the exact same with the exception of the red blade, and that is just a color change. The target sears are what make the trigger weight lighter, and the blades on the trigger blades were made red from the factory just to make it visibly noticable without pulling the gun apart that the gun is equipped with the target trigger group.

The target sears can be easily identified by a small indentation(dimple) on the right side of the sear, just under the bolt release tab.

frank1947
01-04-2013, 05:18 PM
I have never been able to get any of those trigger down that low , when you push bolt forward it goes bang, if you want a trigger that light you need rifle basics