PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun help with ID of date/model Stevens .410

heritageadam
12-30-2012, 05:48 PM
I have a Stevens single shot break open .410 I inherited from my grandfather. I'm trying to figure out what year it was manufactured, what model it is, and if there are any diagrams/manuals that exist for it.

Printed on one side of the receiver:
J.STEVENS ARMS COMPANY
CHICOPEE FALLS, MASS. U.S.A.
------MADE IN USA----------

Other side:
TRADEMARK
STEVENS
REG. U.S. PAT. OFF & FGN.

There is also a letter "I" inside a circle to the left & above that writing.

Barrel says:
HIGH PRESSURE COMPRESSION STEEL
BARREL AND LUG FORGED IN ONE PIECE

410 BORE OR 12 M-M

On the inside of the receiver, it is stamped
933CW (? serial number)

The barrel measures 26 inches.

Thanks for any input.

pictures:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/42rdw759m2esx5t/kX1yOsFaI3

J.Baker
01-01-2013, 07:29 AM
Link says folder empty - no pic's

Mad Dog
01-02-2013, 03:35 PM
I think this is the same guy that was posting at the campfire the other day.

It's a model 106 with the plain extractor or a model #108 if it has an automatic ejector.

J.Baker
01-02-2013, 03:38 PM
Yeah, I sent him over there in one of his other posts here. Had 2-3 guns he was trying to date.

heritageadam
01-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Yep it's me, same guy in both forums. Getting good info both places. Thanks guys for the input.

Not sure what happened to my pictures in the folder but I replaced them in the folder.

I believe I have a 106 (does not have auto ejector)

I wrote to Mr Callahan about this gun & 2 others I've been posting about.

Mad Dog
01-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Cool, I've never seen letters on utility rifles and rimfires, make sure you let me know what you find out.

Usually you just see John making letters for 1899's and 99's, this will break up the day for him, he's probably never even opened the drawer on those records your looking for, haha.

heritageadam
01-04-2013, 11:37 PM
I hear ya, I'm sure these are pretty "run of the mill" guns but they are special to me because of my family connection. My great great grandfather homesteaded in Northern MN in 1902, my great grandfather continued at the homestead, & then a lot of stuff was passed down to my grandfather who was an only child. He is the one who got me into deer/grouse hunting. I'll post on here when I hear back.