PDA

View Full Version : Model 25: Model 25 camo?

jefo1
12-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Was thinking about throwing my name in the hat with the local gun shop for a camo Savage Walking Varminter in 17 hornet #19978, Nobody seems to have any idea when they might start hitting the shelves. Anybody hear anything yet?

J.Baker
12-30-2012, 04:53 PM
New for 2013 so I wouldn't bother looking for them to start shipping until late April or early May at the earliest. Sometime in June/July is much more likely though given Savage's track record with new models over the last 8-10 years.

n4ue
01-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Hi to all and Happy 2013!!

Don't know about the camo. I finally (!!!) found and purchased a #25 WV in .17 Hornet this week. Been trying to get one for over 6 months.
What is SOOO frustrating is that my local shops (including one that I bought 5 NEW rifles from in 2012) won't even have the courtesy to call me concerning my possible purchase of both a Savage 25 and/or Ruger 77/17. I'm not talking about just calling them, but driving 30 miles or so, having a face-to-face discussion and giving them a picture and description of the rifles I wanted!
Back in the 80s when I had my FFL, I would NEVER treat a customer that way!
I gave up and bought the rifle on the internet. I was more than willing to pay the local guys a nice profit, just to keep the money local....
Go figger...

ron