PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Question

ralphob
12-30-2012, 10:02 AM
I am new to the forum and have learned a lot reading thru many threads. Many thanks to all that have contributed a ton of great knowledge! I am assembling all of the parts I need to convert a model 10 center feed blind magazine .308 into a 6.5 grendel. This forum has helped me greatly in figuring almost everything out. I do need help with one item; the magazine. The 308 mag is way to long and I think i need to find a spacer and a 7.62 follower to make it feed correctly. Does this sound like the right approach? If so, would anyone know where I could order the spacer and the follower? My internet searches have come up empty thus far for these parts.

stangfish
12-30-2012, 10:17 AM
I have read that when this build is done that they use the PPC(Savage and PTG) bolt head and the 7.62x39 magazine and follower(savage). Now if you want to reduce the stroke of the action you might be entering into relatively new territory.The 223 magazine and the 223 front baffle is a good place to start but I don't know about the follower. Good luck and keep us updated as you get more info.

Fish