PDA

View Full Version : rear baffle on bolt wiggles...is that normal?

jec11718
12-30-2012, 02:18 AM
I just picked up a 111 in 30.06, while looking over her once at home, i noticed the rear baffle is loose and shifts from side to side a little and front to back...hence calling it a wiggle. I sold my last savage 110 about 9 months ago...so nothing to compare it to. Does this need to be addressed by a gunsmith? I dont remember my last 110 having any play on the rear baffle. Thanks its been a while since I posted....before the new site was changed over to. even my subscription expired....Josh

Blue Avenger
12-30-2012, 01:00 PM
some are looser then others. a very few will even come off if bumped.

BillPa
12-30-2012, 02:01 PM
As long as it doesn't fall of its fine. In fact I'd much rather have them a little on the loose side than too to tight.

Bill

jec11718
12-30-2012, 02:02 PM
thanks, should i buy a 9 dollar replacement just for peace of mind?

jec11718
12-30-2012, 02:03 PM
like a spare?

Blue Avenger
12-30-2012, 03:14 PM
only if you stock spare parts. springs, extractors, balls would be good also to get your order up to a point of shipping cost not being ridicules.

thomae
12-30-2012, 03:45 PM
Most folks don't purchase a spare rear baffle "just to have around." I would suggest that it is probably not necessary for you to do so.
Does your rear baffle still have a spring loaded detent ball? (You can see it when you take the baffle off the bolt.) IF for some reason the balls and spring have been taken out and not removed, they will have to be replaced. Other than that, I don't think your problem is too serious and knowing what I know would not be too worried. At the same time, if it makes you more confident and helps you sleep better at night, it will also help you shoot better. (In my experience, shooting is about 90 % mental). Only you can decide if it is money well spent. They are not very expensive.