PDA

View Full Version : Remington-Savage rethread

GA-SURVEYOR
01-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Hello I am very new to the whole Savage customizing game but I have an older (15+yrs) sav 110 in 270 that I never shoot and am wondering if I can have a factory take off Remington 338 ultra mag fitted to it or any other take off rem barrel for that matter. I can find these barrels cheap and with the bad economy I am trying to save all I can and still play/learn. I also have a new stevens 200 short action center feed that I was also wondering about (for the short action calibers of course). I know that this has probably already been discussed. But any help is appreciated thanks

terrier
01-06-2010, 08:52 PM
By the time you have a gunsmith rethread , rechamber and headspace you will have a very expensive barrel job. You might want to check Northlander for factory barrels,check the classifieds here, or look at Midway USA for the Adams and Bennett barrels. There are many options that would be a lot cheaper.
Terrier

sinman
01-06-2010, 09:33 PM
I have done it a few times and it worked for my customers, but if its just a plain cheaper barrel its not worth the money.