PDA

View Full Version : Finally in the family.

jbo_c
12-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Just getting into hunting and have been looking for a good deal on the right hardware for several weeks now(using borrowed hardware in the mean time). Christmas Eve, I met Santa and picked up a used 110 in .270 with a wood stock, exactly what I wanted and for an excellent price. It pays to be patient.

Squeezed off a few rounds the day after Christmas and got two 1.25" four shot groups at 100 yards right off the bat. Made a 1 degree windage adjustment and we're right on the money.

Really need to get my first deer with it now before Tuesday night when the season ends.

After Tuesday when the season is over, it's a little trigger work on the factory trigger to see how low I can (safely) get it adjusted to. Trying to decide whether to do it myself or get a local shop to do it for me. May ultimately get a Rifle Basix, but for now plan to adjust the factory workings.

Once the trigger is done, I think I'm going to tackle a little refinish job on the stock. It's not terrible, but a little banged up and I'm a tinkerer, so I figure that will be a good project in the off season - though I'd like to get a hog or two while it's good and cold.

Looking forward to learning a lot here.

Jbo

Camar068
12-29-2012, 11:51 PM
New to the forum as well. While doing research on the Savage 111, I ended up here 5 times and decided to join after that. I'm wanting to get a long range rifle mainly for deer....but want to make it so I can really reach out and touch something. Also want the ability to upgrade to the 338 win mag already and havent even bought the base rifle (300 win mag) yet. I realize theres a case head size difference, but im surprised there isnt mention of a lapua conversion yet anywhere in here.

Cya around and good luck with your upgrades.

Maro

Apache
12-30-2012, 12:45 AM
Welcome to the forum. Stick around and you'll learn a lot form some of these guys.

Blue Avenger
12-30-2012, 01:23 PM
but im surprised there isnt mention of a lapua conversion yet anywhere in here. Maro

It's here.

Camar068
12-30-2012, 04:35 PM
It's here.

Where? I did a forum search and didn't find anything under lapua or 338 lapua. Maybe the search function didnt like that it was short? Not sure. LOL and it could be a communication failure on my part, I didnt put 338 lapua in the above post.

Thanks In advance

J.Baker
12-30-2012, 05:39 PM
The search engine is a crotchety, finicky old fart and Charleslv hasn't had time to get it working just right yet (just adopted this new site software in July). Trust me though, the 338 Laplewya has been discussed time and time and time again on here. Just go though the pages of threads in this board and you'll find them.

P.S. In the future please start your own thread for your own topic rather than hijacking someone elses.

Camar068
12-30-2012, 09:17 PM
Don't feel as I did but sorry to the original poster if he feels so. I simply stated the fact that I'm new to the forum and the rifle as well.